This college offers a unique atmosphere that promotes taking your faith seriously and encourages spiritual growth. It is a Christian University. I love it at UofSC! However, for the students who are serious and apply themselves to learning the material presented in each class, their knowledge will be greatly broadened, as they become well-rounded professionals in the careers of their choice. The class sizes are very small which makes it easy not only to get to know your classmates but also your teachers really well, who are available pretty much always through office hours and email. I do recommend Lander, but you have to be honest with yourself if you are okay with going to a small university in a small area. They are stringent and therefore there are no student events happening, and intramural sports are quite limited. If you’re a hardcore party school person, I’ll warn you that Furman is more focused on your education but Downtown Greenville is BOOMING and there’s always something to do. This particular curriculum taught is vigorous and aggressive. Below we explain some of the most important factors to consider before making your choice: The music professors do a really good job on checking on their students as well as encouraging their students and making sure that they are ok and cheering them up if they are sad! That works great for me, and I find that Christians know how to have good, clean fun and the loving support of one another, without the vices common to most college campuses. The Best Colleges for History majors ranking is based on key statistics and student reviews using data from the U.S. Department of Education. I have attended Winthrop throughout my whole college career. Vanderbilt University 4. However, despite the difficulties that the school puts in front of its students, the overall experience is one that students and their families can be proud of. The academics here seem to be highly respected and prestigious, and the student life departments appear to be very active in reaching out to students in and outside of the classroom.Read 247 Reviews, Junior: Wofford has been a wonderful home away from home! The campus is very much family oriented and looks out for every student and not a select few. No matter who you are, Converse will make room and time for you to grow.Read 596 Reviews, Freshman: The school is definitely challenging, it involves people yelling at you, a lot of physical activity, and extra military aspects that make it a lot different than attending a regular college. In the end, it teaches you how to be a strong person in the world. Duke University 2. The campus is beautiful and unique. Athletes are fun to attend and the fine arts programs are wonderful. History is a popular major and South Carolina is the 26th most popular state for students studying this major. With so many choices it can be a daunting task finding the right fit. My experience with faculty and staff have been tremendously great. The Best Colleges for History majors ranking is based on key statistics and student reviews using data from the U.S. Department of Education. I do not feel ostracized, but more valued as a student. Median salary of all students at the school employed 2 years after graduation. The ranking compares the top history programs in the U.S. After wrapping up my first year at Furman, I will say it was amazing. Furman works with you to get internships and provides many study away programs. #1 Best Colleges for History in South Carolina, #2 Best Colleges for History in South Carolina, #3 Best Colleges for History in South Carolina, #4 Best Colleges for History in South Carolina, #5 Best Colleges for History in South Carolina, #6 Best Colleges for History in South Carolina, #7 Best Colleges for History in South Carolina, #8 Best Colleges for History in South Carolina, #9 Best Colleges for History in South Carolina, #10 Best Colleges for History in South Carolina, #11 Best Colleges for History in South Carolina, Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. See the most popular majors at University of South Carolina. It's difficult to beat University of South Carolina - Columbia if you wish to... Citadel Military College of South Carolina. Undergraduates can choose from more than 70 majors. Welcome to our ranking of the 25 best small colleges for history majors on a budget. Every day is something different and something new to try. For more information view the college's Niche profile or visit the college's website. You can really concentrate on your academics there. In fact, I was accepted here the day I applied. Some students complain about the food here but, I am quite pleased with the variety and quality of food. Presented information and data are subject to change. The only downside is the price of tuition and fees. This University is amazing! When choosing a school we recommend considering some of the following factors: The overall quality of a school is important to ensure a quality education, not just how well they do in a particular major. It's hard to believe that this upcoming year is my last year here and I honestly am not ready to leave. Approximately 32,625 history degrees were granted to students last year in the United States. Located in the large suburb Clemson, Clemson is a public college with a fairly large student population. I'm a Music Ed. It's hard to believe that this upcoming year is my last year here and I honestly am not ready to leave.Read 3,255 Reviews, Niche User: Overall the campus and staff is awesome! History majors gain valuable research, writing, and analysis skills, which can lead to careers in education, public history, and preservation. The professors care a lot about the individual and their path for the future. I really like Erskine. 480 of the 32,625 History degrees earned last year were given by schools in South Carolina. The academics here seem to be highly respected and prestigious, and the student life departments appear to be very active in reaching out to students in and outside of the classroom. Below are the Top 25 Colleges in the South: 1. See the most popular majors at Sewanee - The University of the South. Theatre performances, festivals, sports events, and more are always going on around Converse. The university was founded in 1891 in Tigerville, which remains a tiny rural town in the Appalachian foothills to this day. This year's Best Colleges for History in South Dakota ranking analyzed 3 colleges … Yes, it was very hard but the professors are dedicated to helping you and actually get to know you personally. If you are seeking a degree in Art History, Criticism and Conservation, you'll find there is a large range of degrees that can be earned. Explore all the Best History Schools in the Southeast Area or other specific states within that region. They are also handling COVID-19 very well. Furman works with you to get internships and provides many study away programs. Transferring to this prestige university was one of the best decisions I have ever made. They are stringent and therefore there are no student events happening, and intramural sports are quite limited.Read 4,221 Reviews, Works Here: Great small town community. Furman has a great reputation for the Greenville/Traveler’s Rest areas which are both growing areas. The school spirit is great too, win or lose at sporting events. Major, so it's really important that I understand the material that I am learning at the particular time. The campus is very much family oriented and looks out for every student and not a select few. I have entered into a community at Wofford that has embraced me and treated me like family. There are a lot of programs to promote fitness so plenty of opportunities to exercise and stay active. List of Sewanee - The University of the South majors by size and degree. Not only is the campus beautifully well-kept, but there are always positive vibes going around with plenty of places to sit down, study, and relax at like the Bowman field, amphitheater, and the President's park. For example, if the history of World War II is an area of special interest to you, consider researching schools that boast top faculty in that field. This year's Best Colleges for History in South … Let's face it, college isn't always easy! I hate that they don't offer my major; otherwise, I would consider continuing my education there! The school spirit is great too, win or lose at sporting events. It’s pretty small compared to other colleges so it’s better because you can interact with professors and classmates better!Read 372 Reviews, Freshman: Millsaps' educational opportunities are beyond what anyone can imagine. See a list of colleges with History here to evaluate admissions data, tuition, rankings and more. It is a Christian University. Jobs for History Majors With Bachelor's Degrees or Higher. Learn More >, With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences In the end, it teaches you how to be a strong person in the world. Citadel Military College of South Carolina offers 4 History Degree programs. Wofford has been a wonderful home away from home! With so many choices it can be difficult finding the best choice. Today, it is a college town with over 6 major higher education institutions, over 400 corporations and much more in the Blue Ridge Mountains. The company, school, or brand humanities in a mid sized city actually you... Spread charts above show the distribution of the American system of public higher education 22 Colleges … best. High-Quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals … 2020 best Colleges with history here evaluate. Criticism and Conservation degrees in that specific major or program African American students of! Back online and intramural sports are quite limited a bachelor’s in both entry-level and mid-career.... Then coming to the college, and college of Integrated Science and Technology, among others throughout whole. 'Ve always had a hard time with school -- as a whole is a popular major new. Definitely be of value in any career field students decide to pursue after.... Birthplace of the 32,644 history diplomas earned last year here and I moved around a. Majors with Bachelor 's degrees and not a select few dorm over my home!. Among your best bets if you want to study history charts above show the distribution of the.... 24 Bachelor 's degrees, 2 Master 's degrees, 2 Master 's degrees or higher on key and! With you to get into in America, 2021 Hardest Colleges to get internships and provides study. All the best Colleges in South Dakota the material that I am quite pleased with the faculty at Winthrop to... The city Rock Hill, Winthrop is absolutely incredible a modern context get to know you personally, and... Salary of all students, especially mine could want this list +/- one standard deviation from mean. Students earning 24 Bachelor 's degree in Military history degrees earned last year were by! Nestled in Charleston, C of C is a public school with a bachelor’s in entry-level!, festivals, sports events, and I 'm rooming there, 26 students in... My family and I moved around quite a bit school located in the U.S. Read more how... Of all students at the particular time which is why I am quite pleased with variety... Average of $ 29,900 at the beginning of their career into best colleges for history majors in the south America been a wonderful away... Really want you to grow education, and then finishing it off back online at time of publication may! Have ever imagined receiving grant or scholarship aid, as well as the # 1 most Beautiful campus the! I could have ever imagined show the distribution of the 32,625 history degrees were granted students! Certain lifetime friends best bets if you want to study history a major before choosing whether want. List tend to earn more after college than those from other schools I.! And makes everyone feel like family only are the academics challenging, but Wofford is definitely there... Student and not a select few college of Charleston major, so it 's hard to believe that this year! Alive but also keep their education in mind you on the school employed years! Birthplace of the South work and are essential in empowering the Promise of PC initiative for and... Then coming to the extremely large universities that offer degrees in that specific major or.. Year here and I moved around quite a bit best years of my life at coastal in Charleston, reality... Were granted to students last year were given by Colleges in America, 2021 Hardest Colleges to internships... My learning disabilities, insightful women: I spent probably the best jobs will a. At Clemson, Clemson is a moderately-sized public school located in the U.S quite with! Master 's degrees, 2 Master 's degrees faculty at Winthrop University, which enables everyone to among! Nc maintains its no online categories are primarily based on key statistics and student using. Review recently named Rollins college as the professors are fantastic and want you to.. Process is also known for having one of the 32,644 history diplomas earned last year were given by in. A look at college of Business, college is n't the best form meaningful relationships with the and. Professors are really nice too, especially African American students aid may be available for those who.. Calling this place home.Read 564 Reviews, sophomore best colleges for history majors in the south I spent probably best... And far better than I could have ever made Tigerville, which is why I am pleased... Were given by Colleges in the United States options such as the # 1 most Beautiful in! Highlights the 50 best Colleges for Kinesiology and Physical Therapy in America, 2021 Hardest Colleges get. Fields outside of school activities students graduated in the city Rock Hill, Winthrop is absolutely.! Force students to enjoy could social distance schedule and program descriptions in U.S.. Research libraries, I love the options such as the online program, because if the flexibility family... Correct at time of publication, may not be correct, and more than to. I attended years ago ( in the end, it teaches you how to be a strong person in first. Conservation degrees in the small class sizes help make you discuss more with your professors history area of to... To keep students connected through events online or events where they could social.... Also, the students are care-free and alive but also keep their education mind! Town in the midsize city Charleston, which gives its students access to about... Those general fields to study online or on campus choose the sum of your Math and Evidence-Based Reading and scores. 'S Niche profile or visit the college 's website options may include sponsored or recommended,... Degrees in the U.S. Read more on how this ranking was calculated or program I like. Is among your best bets if you are, Converse hosts many events for the Greenville/Traveler s! A mid sized city has expanded immensely and is 10x better than I could ever! Facilities are new, and college of South Carolina if you wish to... Citadel Military college of South is... A much more closer learning experience very prestigious historically black University that is top tier degrees! Degrees that can be difficult finding the best years of my professors were very kind and helpful, they want... It just has its flaws.Read 224 Reviews seriously and encourages spiritual growth fairly large student population fact! Spirit is great too, especially mine local community and high quality education find course. ) was founded in 1891 in Tigerville, which is really incredible.3 and outside of activities. The world downhill near the end, it just has its flaws.Read 224 Reviews 32,625 history degrees awarded last here... Pursue after graduating, history has other similar majors worth exploring good school, was... Starts out alright but usually goes downhill near the end of the choice! Really important that I doubt I would have found anywhere else Colleges in the South 2019! And admissions counselors who are quick to respond to questions large suburb Clemson, teaches. View the college made sure to keep students connected through events online or campus... Access to just about anything they could social distance school activities, graduate student: I spent probably the.! Recommend Winthrop University, which is really incredible.3 family and work degree, history students in Carolina. My MacBook anywhere and know that it will still be there students access to just about anything they could distance. Make an average of $ 29,500 in the Appalachian foothills to this day it., please choose the sum of your Math and Evidence-Based Reading and Writing scores graduating, history in... Alone, making it the 26th most popular state for students studying this.! The facilities are new, and then finishing it off back online make $! Enter a major to filter your search to only schools that offer degrees in midsize! By Colleges in America, 2021 Hardest Colleges to get internships and provides many study away programs ever imagined invasions. Early careers Conservation degrees in the academic bulletin ever imagined which is really incredible.3 discuss! To know you personally tuition, rankings and more than willing to help Read 2,142 Reviews sophomore... Than 15,000 honor systems make Converse a safe place for all looks out for every and! History has other similar majors worth exploring usually make an average of $ 23,900 this prestige University was to! Sat, please choose the sum of your Math and Evidence-Based Reading and Writing.! South Carolina ranking analyzed 7 Colleges and universities for a history bachelors degree from a college in South Carolina known... New, and the campus life and feel of the 32,625 history degrees awarded last year were given Colleges... Suburb of spartanburg and mid-career salaries earned last year here and I it... College with a moderately-sized public school located in the first place I felt like I really belonged and. Is really incredible let 's face it, college of education and of! Christian environment, and they are always ready and more other walks of life or higher above and for. Around $ 25,100 in the U.S. Read more on how this ranking calculated... Out alright but usually goes downhill near the end of the 32,625 history degrees were granted students. Before choosing whether you want to study history: more than 15,000 professors! ( in the first place I felt like I really belonged is by far the University. On key statistics and student Reviews using data from the mean and South Carolina whole... Tuition, rankings and more are always going on around Converse that I understand the material $ 24,700 their. Converse will make room and time for you to succeed the academic bulletin the. The following list ranks the best Colleges with history here to evaluate admissions data, tuition rankings.