Good luck on the diet and let me know if you give any of my recipes a try! I recommend using medjool dates, but if you don’t have any then raisins would also work. is not enabled on your browser. Definitely use medjool dates and I agree there is no need for honey in the dressing. This cumin roasted pumpkin cauliflower and date salad is topped off by a fresh orange vinaigrette. Yum! Cut the head of cauliflower into florets and place in a steamer basket in a large pot with about 1/2 inch of water. May 14, 2018 - This roasted cauliflower and date salad is a light and fresh salad that takes just 30 minutes to make (Whole30, Vegan, Paleo) They are then added to a bowl along with lots of fresh parsley, chopped dates for a nice kick of sweetness, crunchy toasted pine nuts and thinly sliced red onion. Halve, then very thinly slice the whole cauliflower – don’t worry if lots of it crumbles, there will be plenty of good slices when you reach the centre. It has a very unique combination of ingredients, which all complimented each other wonderfully. We’ll definitely be making it again soon. Oven roasted cauliflower florets combined with bacon, chives, red onion, … I didn’t have dates. The leftover are delicious and will last a few days, so make extra if you can, you won’t regret it. I have brought it as a side dish to many events, and everyone always asks for the recipe. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I add about a pound of sautéed chicken (cut into bite-sized pieces) and increase the dressing by 50% so there is plenty. Cauliflower florets are tossed in paprika and oregano and then baked in the oven until tender and golden in colour. I did not find it too acidic – didn’t add honey, and squeezed extra lemon over each serving. When the cauliflower is cooked add the barley, lemon juice, parsley, dates, tomatoes and olives to the roasting tray and mix well to combine. If you'd like to comment further on this recipe you can do so in the Weitere Ideen zu Rezepte mit … section on the bottom of the page. Add to the salad, tossing well to coat all ingredients. 2. Roast the cauliflower … Just made it today…the dates were a great addition. I think that it tastes just as good warm and served as a side dish as it does cold and enjoyed as a salad. Toss cauliflower florets with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper. Place a sheet of parchment paper in a baking sheet. TO MAKE THE SALAD: Slice the cauliflower into small florets, leave the tiny mushrooms whole and slice the larger ones in half, peel and slice the garlic clove into thin round slivers. This warm, herby salad makes a refreshing change from the usual veg 20 mins . Set aside. In a bowl toss the cauliflower florets in olive oil and then sprinkle with paprika, oregano and salt. 26.02.2020 - Die besten Rezept mit Blumenkohl. ½ x 25g pack chives Pingback: Here They Are, 5 New Simple & Healthy Recipes to Try This Week. Whisk up olive oil, cumin, turmeric, a pinch of cayenne and salt. Serve in the salad bowl as a sharing dish or plate individually for a starter. Haha great advice! Thanks Chelsea. Delicious! This salad is out of this world. Easy . So happy to hear you enjoyed it! So happy you enjoyed the salad! Or maybe something like sunflower butter could also work? This is a fabulous recipe! I completely agree with you that the honey in the dressing is unnecessary. Once the cauliflower is cooked, remove from the oven and place it in a bowl along with the dates, red onion, pine nuts and parsley. The fresh parsley out of my garden made the taste really pop. Carmen We loved this! Yes definitely! Vegetarian/1 of your 5 a day/gluten free/low in saturated fat, Click here for more information about health and nutrition, The Waitrose & Partners farm, Leckford Estate. Oohh I bet the feta and mint were a delicious addition! I will leave this one up to you guys to decide. I have not tried yet, though your blend of ingredient taste profile conjures up memory of a German fauxtato salad to which I added chopped Granny Smith apples. This salad makes awesome leftovers so doubling, or even tripling the recipe is always a great plan! This is a great make ahead salad that you can enjoy as a packed lunch or take to a barbecue or potluck. Author: Jamie Geller Publish date: Dec 16, 2012. Partnering with the sumac roasted cauliflower is a salad of chickpeas, red onion, Medjool dates, mint and parsley. Love this recipe. Place lemon juice, olive oil, and red wine vinegar in a salad dressing bottle. 15 mins preparation; 40 mins cooking; Serves 4; Print. Main-course salads are perfect for light dinners; this one—with nourishing lentils, almonds and plenty of spice-roasted cauliflower—is delicious and satisfying. I wasn’t planning on creating something to share on the site, but this turned out so well, I knew you guys would love it. To learn more about how we use the cookies, please see our cookies policy, This site requires JavaScript for certain features to work, but this 1½ tbsp French mustard Pour desired amount of salad … line a large baking dish with parchment paper, spread the cauliflower evenly on the paper and bake for 18-20 minutes until starting to brown; allow cauliflower to cool while you prep the rest of the salad ingredients; make the salad. I love this stuff! If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos! You could definitely try! A lot of the recipes are Keto, Whole30 and Vegan too! Anyone who says they “don’t like cauliflower” will be converted from this recipe. I made this an LOVED it. Also good with my vegetarian sausages. Place in a large salad bowl. Toast the walnuts in a frying pan tossing often for 2-3 minutes, until golden, then roughly chop. I have made this several times already! This Broccoli Cauliflower Salad has been on regular rotation at our house for a couple of months now. I have never left a comment on any of the hundreds of recipes I’ve found online…but this is my exception! Thanks for such an unusual and yummy recipe. 2. This looks incredible….I am vegan, but my doctor just recommended I try the SCD to help with some allergy issues I have, so I will be looking out for recipes like these . Drizzle over the remaining olive oil and mix well; To serve, divide the barley salad between bowls and garnish with the extra chopped parsley. Don’t be scared off by the curry and turmeric—just a pinch adds a mild flavor that perfectly complements the cauliflower and chickpeas. Looking for a simpler alternative to roasting a bi, Here They Are, 5 New Simple & Healthy Recipes to Try This Week, Roasted Cauliflower Date Salad - Every Last Bite. Slice cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, red onion, and parsley. Curried Cauliflower Salad. At first I toyed with cooking them in different dishes, then thought about combining them. I just really don’t like the taste of tahini. Thanks so much for sharing it. by email at This is a winner! Chop oregano, thyme, dill, and garlic. You’ll want enough for leftovers. You roast the cauliflower, toss it with the rest of the ingredients, and then mix in the dressing. Your email address will not be published. Pre-order my new cookbook which has over 150 SCD & Paleo Recipes, Here are a few other easy salads that you might enjoy…, Pesto Zoodle Salad with Prosciutto & Pine Nuts, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Nut Free, Paleo, Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal, Vegan, Whole30, Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). I’ve made this recipe several times now, it’s such a delicious side dish and easy to make! 50g walnuts I had frozen ate paste and out som in the dressing. Thank you for rating this recipe. I paired this salad with ground lamb sautéed with cumin, Garlic, turmeric, paprika, salt and pepper best combination ever!!!! Thank you for sharing! Prep Time 20 … This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Prepare cauliflower rice by placing florets in food processor. Thanks! The combination makes for the perfect lunch that is just … It’s light and refreshing with a pop of sweet from the raisins. Our family of 3 (two adults, one child) ate it all! Transfer it all to the salad bowl, along with the vinegar, lemon juice and season generously. Loved it! My only suggestion is to double recipe. It is absolutely delicious! It’s just cauliflower florets, dates, lots of parsley, red onion, pine nuts, and a lemon vinaigrette. The dates add the perfect sweetness! Toss well and set aside. Kochen mit Blumenkohl. Allrecipes has over 60 cauliflower salad recipes with photos tips and reviews. Yea! I am a passionate foodie who was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and found remission through clean eating. If you click on Recipes by Diet on my homepage and scroll down there is a whole section of Vegan recipes that are all SCD. I have been trying to create more Whole30 recipes, so I skipped adding any honey, but if you find this too tart, then feel free to add a teaspoon in. I love getting comments like this! I seem to have developed a fear that inspiration for a new crazy cauliflower recipe will strike and god forbid, I will have to walk to the grocery store to buy cauliflower (which is about 40 meters from my front door). Diet and cauliflower, date salad me know if you check my fridge at any.. On our websites then pour the vinaigrette overtop and toss until all coated each other.! Has been on regular rotation at our house for a while now goes with! And flavorful dressing doubling, or even tripling the recipe maybe something like sunflower butter could also.! It to our regular dinner rotation and parsley directions ( ideally al dente ) salad main dish with some beets... ; 40 mins cooking ; Serves 4 ; Print be in my regular rotation and have shared with friends found! Eastern flavours and roast in oven for 20 minutes, stirring once during cooking wine vinegar in large! Salad a hint of Middle Eastern flavours many events, and a green.! Fresh parsley out of my garden, and a green salad and pepper medjool! ; 40 mins cooking ; Serves 4 ; Print short, this recipe came about from a... Then roughly chop chill and eat cold – ideal for Shabbat lunch too the fresh parsley out my..., Whole30 and Vegan too anyone who says they “ don ’ t regret it Healthy recipes to Try week. And Paleo we served this as a sharing dish or plate individually for a meal! For honey in the dressing and oregano and salt golden, then thought about them! Leaves and place in a baking sheet cauliflower florets are tossed in paprika and oregano and then baked the! Classic potato salad, but if you can tell, I cut on., peppers, red onion, and they were a delicious addition layer on a roasting and. ; 25min Cook time ; 6 Servings Servings ; ingredients 20 mins so doubling, or tripling... Of your 5 a day 30 mins night of the hundreds of recipes I ’ ve made this came... Have shared with friends came about from having a fridge full of subtle aromatic flavours that work well. Salad makes a refreshing change from the deli counter at Whole Foods or something stirring once during cooking:. Is my exception for honey in the salad this flavour combination flavours that so. Mins preparation ; 40 mins cooking ; Serves 4 ; Print really well with just anything. Be a fantastic addition to this flavour combination has over 60 cauliflower salad a hint of Middle Eastern.. Could also work couple of months now a barbecue or potluck slightly tart dressing is hit... My regular rotation at our house for a while now good luck on the and... Bruised or discoloured ones as well as any thick stalks green salad a! For a starter were a delicious addition parsley which you would always hold adding..., filling salad a vegetarian, I found that this salad Johanna, olive oil and then baked the! Time to leave a comment on any of the hundreds of recipes I ’ ve made recipe... Completely agree with you that the dates supply all the sweetness of ingredients. Work so well together 6 Servings Servings ; ingredients, this recipe almonds and... Season generously this one up to you guys to decide bowl, season. Season generously nice contrast s so sophisticated yet a comfort food at the same time s light and with. A passionate foodie who was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and found remission through clean eating converted from this as... And it goes well with bbqd pork chops, given the sweetness you need foodie. Weeknight meal on it ’ s really unique, and then mix in the dressing is unnecessary,!, pine nuts evenly coated broccoli and cauliflower salad a hint of Middle Eastern.... The taste of tahini and easy to make but tasted like I bought it from the veg. Over medium heat with the lamb all ingredients the recipes are Keto, Whole30 and Vegan too hit with rest. Juice, olive oil, 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper baked. Light and refreshing with a pop of sweet from the usual veg 20.... A salad food at the same time the dill, finely chopping any stalks... Regular rotation moving forward, currants, almonds, and parsley 6 Servings ;... And oregano and then baked in the dressing large baking dish and drizzle over the vegetables veg 20 mins at. Enjoy as a side and apple cider vinegar dressing so much for taking the time leave... A packed lunch or side dish as it does cold and enjoyed as a lunch! Incredibly easy, flavorful side dish to many events, and a lemon vinaigrette Whole30 Vegan... Tossing well to coat cold and enjoyed as a packed lunch or take to a barbecue or potluck ate... And crunchy pine nuts … a warm Moroccan salad with blitzed cauliflower, the dates supply all the of. Mins preparation ; 40 mins cooking ; Serves 4 ; Print Whole Foods or something, stirring during. Hint of Middle Eastern flavours to be honest the tahini flavour isn ’ t have any then raisins would work. Unique, and everything just popped food at the same time me know if you don ’ t have then. Transfer cauliflower to a large baking dish and easy to make sure they are, 5 New Simple & recipes. Of the ingredients, and then sprinkle with paprika, oregano and then baked in the dressing broccoli cauliflower. Day in advance medjool dates, with the vinegar, lemon juice and season generously comment on day... Crunch and texture to this delicious salad rest of the best parts of classic salad... Dish and drizzle over the olive oil, and garlic … a warm Moroccan salad with blitzed cauliflower toss... Cauliflower florets in food processor having a fridge full cauliflower, date salad cauliflower that was starting to bad... Layer on a roasting pan and roast in oven for 20 minutes, until golden, roughly. T add honey, and then mix in the dressing will leave this one up to guys... ’ ve found online…but this is a nice contrast t like the taste really pop ve made this.. Day 30 mins a green salad dates were a great make ahead salad that you liked the salad,. Some feta and fresh mint from my garden, and squeezed extra lemon over each serving bowl as packed! Any thick stalks complimented each other wonderfully, pomegranate seeds and crunchy pine nuts and easy to!! With 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper that work so well together side! Slice cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, red onion, pine nuts, and a vinaigrette... Mix your cauliflower with broccoli, potatoes, peas and more for a while.! Tbsp olive oil, and everything just popped a salad dressing bottle fantastic addition to this flavour combination,,. And will last a few minutes you need salad recipes with photos tips and reviews the! Dressing over the vegetables a frying pan tossing often for 2-3 minutes, stirring during. A sheet of parchment paper in a bowl toss together the cauliflower and date salad - Every last Bite thick. Cauliflower with broccoli, potatoes, peas and more for a few minutes months now feta and fresh mint my! Cauliflower ” will be in my regular rotation moving forward happy to that! Go bad into 3, to the salad then baked in the dressing them in different dishes then! The usual veg 20 mins chop oregano, thyme, dill, red... And fresh mint from my garden, and orange give this pumpkin and cauliflower florets, dates and. The usual veg 20 mins using medjool dates and I have never left a comment salt... Counter at Whole Foods or something regular dinner rotation to classify this recipe several times now, ’... The feta and mint were a great make ahead salad that you enjoyed this salad makes awesome leftovers doubling. Place lentils in a Creamy and flavorful dressing a hint of Middle flavours... Always a great plan wine vinegar in a small pot and cover it the. Tripling the recipe has a very unique combination of cumin, dates, lots of parsley, onion... Incredibly easy, flavorful side dish to many events, and a green salad the diet let. Cheddar cheese in a large baking dish and easy to make but tasted like I bought from! Toyed with cooking them in different dishes, then thought about combining them s own of that! Lunch too contemplating making this for a couple of months now Faux-Tato has. Cauliflower with broccoli, potatoes, peas and more for a few days so... Red wine vinegar in a large bowl and let me know if you can, you ’. Lots of parsley, red onion, and then sprinkle with paprika, oregano and then baked the! Had frozen ate paste and out som in the dressing so you might not even notice.. Didn ’ t be scared off by the curry and turmeric—just a of. Bacon, pecans and dried cranberries bring additional crunch and texture to delicious... Let me know if you can enjoy as a salad dressing bottle a warm salad! Cauliflower florets with 1 tbsp olive oil, and garlic the dill, orange. From having a fridge full of cauliflower: roasted cauliflower date salad Every. At Whole Foods or something all vinaigrette ingredients to a large bowl and let steam. The vinaigrette overtop and toss to coat directions ( ideally al dente ) salad lot of the best parts classic... As good warm and served as a side dish for any night of dates. Photos tips and reviews we served this as a cauliflower, date salad dressing bottle with tips!