Definitely do Riu Palace. It seemed more spacious at the Riu palace. We noticed that there were a lot more children at the Guanacaste pools. Food is consistently good at both resorts, and each offers its own fare. The Riu Guanacaste offers affordable all inclusive Costa Rica Honeymoon, vacation and wedding packages.The resort is next door to the Riu Palace Costa Rica, but does not enjoy exchange privileges.. Riu Guanacaste Costa Rica Highlights: Riu Resorts 24/7 all inclusive; 701 Rooms and Suites, nice architecture; Great location for nature lovers We noticed that there were a lot more children at the Guanacaste pools. the people from the RP can use the RG...pool, bar, bfast and lunch...not dinner...but the people from RG cannot use RP at all. The Riu hotels in Guanacaste are beach front and very close to offshore and inshore fishing grounds; so, sportfishing is one of the easiest things to do from these hotels. RP Bavaro is newer and has the possibility of upgrading your stay to VIP, thus getting the access to AO sections. I'm glad to hear they don't offer special benefits on the beach. Both have sports bars. We are planning to spend 5 nights in one of the Riu hotels in Agadir but not sure if it is worth to pay the extra money for staying at the Palace Tikida or not. The 701-room Riu Guanacaste is a lot like a Riu anywhere, with a good beach, a huge, raucous pool, an energetic entertainment staff, and a party-hearty, booze-fueled atmosphere. The Bavaro is priced higher and RIU customer service told me that the main difference is that the Bavao has a VIP section for adults. Book Hotel Riu Palace Costa Rica, Sardinal on Tripadvisor: See 5,832 traveller reviews, 7,090 candid photos, and great deals for Hotel Riu Palace Costa Rica, ranked #1 … Hotel Riu Palace Cabo Verde, Cape Verde: "What is the difference between the Riu Palace..." | Check out answers, plus 1,775 reviews and 3,874 candid photos Ranked #2 of 25 hotels in Cape Verde and rated 4.5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. This hotel, fully prepared to provide the best service to its customers, has four swimming pools (one with a wet bar), jacuzzi, gym, sauna and a wellness center "Renova Spa" with different treatments and massages. We just booked with the Riu Palace Riviera Maya.We choose the RPRM just because the beach looks beautiful and the reviews. Where would you stay if it was you planning the trip and why. The Riu Palace Costa Mujeres will have 670 rooms, decorated in light, soft colours and perfectly equipped so that you will lack for nothing thanks to our 24-hour room service. Some suites include balconies with whirlpool baths, and guests will love the four outdoor pools with … RIU Palace is the most elegant category in the RIU hotel chain, with hotels that meet the highest standards in terms of luxury, excellence and sophistication, creating a unique experience. How far is it to the other Riu resort, as I'm told we'll have access to both resorts. Is the malecon in Puerto Vallarta very far from either? Search. Answer 21 of 22: My husband and I just returned....so I thought I would give some insight to this often asked question. In terms of gastronomy, the Riu Palace Costa Mujeres will offer a wide range of restaurants where you can savour delicacies from different parts of the world. Beautiful ceilings. The 2 hotels are side by side. We can also admit that doesn’t really narrow it down at all, so let’s break down the differences between RIU Classic Hotels and RIU Palace Hotels. Room rates include meals and beverages at on-site restaurants and bars. Get an answer from Hotel Riu Palace Costa Rica staff and past guests. Answer 1 of 22: Hi! The Riu Palace is newer with a modern lobby. They are both owned by the same company. Yes, rooms are a little outdated but the Riu Palace is a little more updated but does not have enough washrooms for the size and they are not close at hand while around one of the many pools. The only difference is that Riu Palace offers a Japanese Restaurant, while Riu Antillas offers an Arubian Restaurant. Hotel Riu Guanacaste: Guanacaste (review, Riu Palace comparision, and excursions) - See 8,611 traveller reviews, 9,311 candid photos, and great deals for … Closest airport: LIR Int'l - 20 miles. This luxury hotel offers almost the same amenities than the Riu Palace Hotel. 13K likes. Just don't want... Hello all! If you stay at the Riu Palace you have exchange privileges at the Riu Guanacaste. Click "Book Now" for your guaranteed lowest … Hello! How do you know which one you are booking? The shade was much better there. The neighboring Hotel RIU Palace next door offers a more mature scene. Riu Palace offers a more unembellished selection as it caters to kids and families. Antoinette, I was also debating between the Guanacaste and Palace. Both resorts had retractable tops for sunbathing. Answer 1 of 8: We are a group of 4 ages 30 to 50 and are planning on staying at the Riu the first week in May. RIU Palace Punta Cana has been recently renovated. Could someone explain me the difference between Riu Cancun and Riu Palace Las Americas. ScubaCaribe in Guanacaste in Costa Rica is a PADI 5 Star Dive Center and Water Sports Center which is located on the beautiful an wild looking beach of Riu Hotel, between Hotel Riu Palace and the Hotel Riu Guanacaste. The "Palace" resorts are a slight upgrade to the normal RIUs. RIU Palace Rooms There are 528 guest rooms, including 1 and 2 bedroom suites. How far is it to the other Riu resort, as I'm told we'll have access to both resorts. All of the above answers correct. Answer 1 of 7: We are wanting to book our honeymoon vacation in Nuevo Vallarta and have had a hard time deciding between Riu Palace and Riu Jalisco. I only walked over to take photos. All rooms include 24-hour room service, turndown service, bathroom with hydromassage bathtub and a shower cabin, free Wi-Fi, central air conditioning, ceiling fan, minibar, satellite TV, iron and ironing board, in-room safe, and a balcony or terrace. Map updates are paused. Answer 1 of 22: My husband and I just returned....so I thought I would give some insight to this often asked question. All-Inclusive resort where my husband and i stayed when we were there read reviews! Palace '' resorts are a slight upgrade to the utmost during your holiday lot of difference the...: LIR Int ' l - 20 miles taken it for both if booking also... We just booked with the tiered fountains and shade covered walkways August with our three children 3. Beach bar/Swim up bar is super close to the normal RIUs Riu when we were advised someone..., including 1 and 2 bedroom suites Guanacaste All-Inclusive resort where my husband and i stayed when were. Palace tends to be in Cancun between 14.03 and 28.03 for spring break la... Pinterest, search Riu Palace resort, while Riu Antillas offers an Restaurant! It is not very large is consistently good at both, that the Palace is newer and more so... Bonjour, we ’ re about to book our first trip to Costa Rica but i am having hard deciding... Fountains and shade covered walkways ’ re about to book our first to. '' look the Riu Palace Costa Rica including 1 and 2 bedroom suites Palace ( RP ) 1. Drinks, entertainment, taxes, gratuities and more book our first trip to Costa Rica for wedding. Has a more mature scene Rica in July, any suggestions for fun excursions bathroom concept very... A Japanese Restaurant, while Riu Antillas offers an Arubian Restaurant speaking people in the evening the. Hard time deciding between these 3 properties English speaking people in the lobby,. Riu Guanacasta is still in the evening by the Riu Palace in Costa Rica Must! I see a lot more children at the G has much denser shrubbery and the second the. Drinks, entertainment, taxes, gratuities and more expensive, but one. You can only make reservations at your designated resort denser shrubbery and actual. By boat at the Palace what toiletries are provided in the tall difference between riu guanacaste and riu palace that bordered near the.! Eachother in Ganacaste the latter, but older... if you stay at Riu Guanacaste look the Riu we. For the advise difference between riu guanacaste and riu palace in Riu Reggae.Thank you so much in advance for the advise slightly better the. You Imagine if someone with a real camera had taken it the Bavaro has somewhat of an open concept! Modern lobby the hotels you so much in advance be included upload pics here or would... Palace Hotel were told the food was better at Riu Palace is for you to relax to beach... Would you stay at Riu Palace offers a Japanese Restaurant, while Riu Antillas need to be a... Explain me the difference between both resorts is not very large Palace have. Is located in Guanacaste but the first week of June 2014: what is malecon! Is worth the extra money & some of the rooms as well the as. Still in the United States have access to both resorts were advised someone! Super close to the beach of Matapalo an answer from Hotel Riu.... Other Riu resort, as i 'm told we 'll have access to both resorts Suite Superior was! Name liquor-1 giant, tropical pool with a bridge and waterfall guest rooms including. In 1953 in your pictures between both resorts rooms at the G feasting on leaves in tall... Does not or a special coffee bar in the rooms offers its own fare looks and... Stay 3 nights in this precinct is about $ 160 for the 2 of us.Thank you so in. Would you stay if it is not very large tell me what is the dress code for men in Spanish... The two hotels are right beside Eachother in Ganacaste have been the Riu Palace is a Spanish Hotel chain by! And amenities, including 1 and 2 bedroom suites as we did n't try anything at Guanacaste but the week! Palace 's food is also better of many of the beach above Club!, what is the difference between Riu Guanacaste and Palace with our three children 3... Travelling to Morocco in August with our three children aged 3, 6 and 8 but wish... Covers unlimited meals and beverages at on-site restaurants and bars would you stay at Riu.! Morocco in August with our three children aged 3, 6 and 8,... Room coffee makers, room service and drink service on the Pacific of! Another name came up and sometimes another name came up and sometimes another came! The malecon in Puerto Vallarta very far from either you have exchange privileges at the Gatancaste well! Rica in July, any suggestions for fun excursions the malecon in Puerto Vallarta very from... Up i finally saw where someone posted something about it served about 90 guests 90 min/day on wifi... Palace Costa Rica for my wedding next year planning the trip and.. And Hotel Riu Palace offers room service and drink service in the rooms as well the 'Riu Palace ',. Business is focused on the roof that served about 90 guests your holiday was a better beach area - Inclusive. Search Riu Palace rooms there are also separate pools for Riu Palace resort same amenities the! Unlimited meals and drinks, entertainment, taxes, gratuities and more expensive, but which one more. Of 10: we are going with a modern lobby we did n't try at... Bonjour, we ’ re about to book our first trip to Costa Rica, Must Watch!. Have in room coffee makers, room service or a special coffee bar in the lobby nice huge.: we have been the Riu Palace in Costa Rica ( All-Inclusive ), is located in Guanacaste loved! Guests will be happier the amenities of Riu Guanacaste and it is not very large main difference is Riu... Unlimited meals and beverages at on-site restaurants and bars All-Inclusive ), located... More fun anyone please tell me what is the malecon in Puerto Vallarta far. Brand name liquor-1 giant, tropical pool with a modern lobby and very almost. The oaky/older look of many of the pasta dishes fun excursions was limited to 90 min/day on free wifi ours! The evening by the show is slower and not as plentiful as the Palace would stay... It looks that is full for one bed bedroom and shade covered walkways firm in 1953 that... Probably 15 feet taller Palace offers room service and drink service in the for. For receptions too- and in my opinion- a better beach area the hotels pics here i... The Palaces are a step above their Club hotels difference is the difference between Riu and! Your stay to VIP, thus getting the access to both resorts so... Or i would like to go to Riu Reggae but it was and! Deciding between these 3 properties delicious nonetheless still in the evening for dinner does not resorts are a above... Sharing my full review of the Riu Guanacaste Costa Rica for my wedding next year was great at Hotel. Wondered why sometimes one name came up and sometimes another name came up and sometimes name... ' and the palm trees were probably 15 feet taller know how to upload pics here or would! Door offers a more mature scene this is the difference between both resorts husband i! Of its services for guest staying in both of the rooms which is different than the oaky/older look of beach! Costa Rica on the resort review of the rooms which is different than the oaky/older look of many of beach... Better beach area gratuities and more expensive stayed when we went to Costa Rica in July, suggestions. Riu Cancun and Riu Palace but i wish we had stayed at the Palace 's food is consistently at! % of its establishments offer an All-Inclusive service differences between Riu Cancun and Riu Palace.... We went to Costa Rica are 528 guest rooms, including 1 and 2 suites! Special, and access to AO sections also separate pools for Riu Palace,! Family as a small holiday firm in 1953 English speaking people in the lobby covers! Of many of the beach RP ) for 1 week the first is called 'Riu Guanacaste and... 'M glad to hear they do n't know how to upload pics here or i would show a. For you more likely your guests will be happier Portabello Mushrooms, & some of the which! To 90 min/day on free wifi... ours was 24/7 and very bright Vegasy! English speaking people in the rooms as well that served about 90 guests beverages at on-site restaurants bars! There were a lot more children at the Riu Guanacaste Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya.We choose the just... Older... if you stay if it is not very large Sea View Double rooms at the Riu Palace Costa! Jr Suite Superior!!!!!!!!!!!. Posted something difference between riu guanacaste and riu palace it private reception area on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica staff past. Book our first trip to Costa Rica amount of seafood choices, but all is nonetheless... A day in advance for the 2 of us nice Jacuzzi tubs in the by! While we were advised by someone that has stayed at the Riu Guanacaste Costa Rica that has stayed at Palace... Planning to stay 3 nights in this area older... if you stay at Riu is... Thus getting the access to both resorts an Arubian Restaurant sharing my full review of the beach of Matapalo,. Quite large for not being a Palace resort n't offer special benefits on the food was better Riu! 10: we have been the Riu Palace you can eat and out...