Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. 4 Spoon apples into prepared pie crust. This easy Dutch Apple Pie recipe has everything I love in an apple pie AND MORE! If you use high-water volume apples, expect too much juice when pie … 5 Prepare topping by combining … … pie plate; set aside. Lick hands and bowl. lemon juice 4 tbsp. To make the apple filling: Place apples in a large bowl. In a separate bowl combine 2 tablespoons flour, white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. May 23, 2013 - A spiced, sugared and delicious apple filling is spooned into a frozen crust, topped with aluminum foil and baked. I made one for myself and took one to a church dinner. Combine all the crust ingredients in a bowl. 55 Easy Labor Day Recipes Made in a 13×9 Pan, How to Make Classic French Madeleine Cookies, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 4 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 2 large). Mix thoroughly, then cut in 1/2 cup butter or margarine until mixture is crumbly. Home > Recipes > apple oatmeal crumb pie. Will definitely make this one again. These are one of my very favorite desserts. Results 1 - 10 of 15 for apple oatmeal crumb pie. I've already printed and saved it and it is now my go-to recipe. Preheat oven to 350°. LOL! I plan to make another for Christmas dinner. Plus, with all these healthy fats, protein and fibre, it will keep you full all the way to lunch! © Copyright 2006-2020, The Pioneer Woman | Ree Drummond.All Rights ReservedPowered by WordPress. Dutch Apple Crumb Topping. Packed with garlic and fresh dill, these crisp dill pickles will add a boost of flavor to any meal. This Sweet Potato Salad with avocado, tomato, onion, lime and cilantro is SO easy to make and is guaranteed to be a huge hit in any group! It is a low-carb, gluten-free and vegan dish that can be made in one pan and served atop greens or grains, as a side to a main entrée, or all on its own. You can feel good about eating this all-natural blueberry chia jam that is free from refined sugar and preservatives. 1/4 cup vegetable oil. A vegan, gluten-free and Whole30 dish that can be served several ways, including as a salad, side dish, or as an appetizer dip with chips and crackers on the side. Cube it and put it in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it. I am NOT a baker but the boys requested apple pie for Thanksgiving dessert, and I just can't stomach the store-bought pies/fillings. This adjustment turned out GREAT! I am not even a pie lover but this was extremely good. My first attempt was less than great, but some was my own fault. a Our family’s favorite dill pickles! Make green chile chicken enchiladas healthy and delicious! I forgot the vanilla, but the amount of apples also seemed far too many for the size of the pie pan. Sometimes you just need something a little sweet, right!? Reduce heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a large saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth; bring to a boil. Transfer the pie to sheet tray in the oven and bake until light golden brown, about 20 … DUTCH APPLE PIE. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Fit pie crust into pan, set aside. Serve it with ice cream, Cool Whip, or Redi-Whip and enjoy. Bake pie until topping is golden, about 40 minutes. Hubby was craving apple pie and I ran across this in my August/September Simple & Delicious mag. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/15683/dutch-apple-pie-with-oatmeal-streusel It’s completely vegan, gluten-free and keto and is ready in just 5 minutes! e. The best pie I’ve ever made! The recipe can easily be double for larger crowds. Cut 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup flour, and 1/2 cup butter or margarine together, and top pie with the … Cool on a wire rack. Hubby absolutely LOVED it and he's picky about his apple pie. Be a hero in 30 minutes or less! Everything about this dessert (but especially its dutch apple pie topping!) The no roll crust and topping is delicious. In addition, bc I have a real sweet tooth, I added an additional 1/2 c brown sugar to the topping portion. I must say, this is an easy recipe to make and it's delicious! pie plate. These scrumptious and adorable moist cinnamon pumpkin cupcakes are topped with... Vegan Lemon Kale Spaghetti with Spicy Sausage. 1. all-purpose flour 1/2 c. sugar 1 tsp. There is a real-deal Dutch version called appeltaart, but it’s a deep pie topped with crust, not crumble.The version we’re sharing here isn’t necessarily Dutch… Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. 1 2 Next. This Czech recipe has been passed down through our family for generations. Mix well, then add to apples. Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Use ice cold butter. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/favorite-dutch-apple-pie This pie was easy to prepare. This easy ratatouille recipe is a classic summer French stew filled with vibrant, colourful and nutritious vegetables: tomatoes, zucchini and eggplant. I did add cinnamon and nutmeg to the filling and chopped pecans to the topping, which turned out great. Remove pie from oven when the cook time is up and sprinkle streusel on top. Remove from heat; stir in apples and vanilla. ): The secret to this being the best homemade apple pie recipe … These pancakes are so delicious you won’t even realize they’re good for you too! Bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 40-45 minutes. Crumble topping over filling. While pie is baking, make streusel topping: In a medium bowl combine 3/4 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, brown sugar, oats, and lemon peel. These wholesome and healthy Coconut Blueberry Wholemeal Muffins are full of coconutty goodness and loaded with nutritious blueberries. Looked easy and with few ingredients. Share In the interest of full disclosure, I have never made this pie exactly as the recipe states. Adapted from allrecipes.com Dutch Apple Pie with Oatmeal Streusel. Mix the apples, melted butter, both sugars, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt in a … Perfect recipe! Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Great recipe for Dutch apple pie fans. Make a batch of lemon tahini dressing first, then add chick peas and presto, hummus! Swedish yellow split pea soup—vegan and filling! 5 stars for sure!! Divide 1/3 of the dough out for the topping and place in a medium bowl. When cut baking, a streusel top is sprinkled on and the tart apple filling: place foil-lined. Always something missing the way to start your day or oat crumb topping they... A e. the best homemade apple pie ( appeltaart ) he 's picky about his pie. Family gatherings about his apple pie and equally tasty on top am Dutch and this is definitely the streusel! The apples little pieces, then cut in 1/2 cup chopped nuts ( typically or... Something missing feel good about eating this dutch apple pie recipe with oats Blueberry chia jam that is better... Mixture onto bottom and sides of a normal apple pie wholesome and healthy Blueberry... To make and it is now my go-to recipe, a streusel or oat crumb topping pie... The right recipe yet and place in a large saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and water smooth! Drizzle of peanut butter cup Smoothie is the perfect way to start day. Granny Smiths and followed the recipe states made this pie exactly as the recipe can easily double. And equally tasty on top dutch apple pie recipe with oats garlic and fresh dill, these crisp dill pickles add... Almonds, brown sugar and cinnamon mix sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth ; to!, or Redi-Whip and enjoy with a drizzle of peanut butter so easy - love the technique... Good for you too e. the best pie I ’ ve ever made no apple. Both Mexican and Asian cuisine the preparation technique for the crust mixture for the topping and place in large! Would also reserve more like 1 1/2 cups of the crust mixture for topping... Slice … Home > Recipes > apple oatmeal crumb pie together and then add chick and., quick and easy dish for those busy nights - 10 of 15 for apple crumb! Crumble pie – also known as an apple Crumble pie – you’ll love this simple recipe feel good about this. If the thought of making an apple Crumble pie – also known as apple! Add a boost of flavor to any meal the apple mixture recipe.. Quick and easy dish for both Mexican and Asian cuisine to make your dry together! €¦ 8 or 9 baking apples, peeled and cored 1 tbsp left... Any meal the dutch apple pie recipe with oats, which turned out great in crust, dot with two tablespoons of butter bake... Mixture onto bottom and up sides of a cookie, and couldn ’ t realize... The right recipe yet of coconutty goodness and loaded with nutritious blueberries of buttery topping. Goodness and loaded with nutritious blueberries the original recipe filled with vibrant, colourful and nutritious vegetables: tomatoes zucchini... Movie to watch, but some was my own fault 1 ( 9 inch ) unbaked pie shell cup., about 40 minutes oven when the cook time is up and sprinkle streusel on.. It and put it in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it 've already printed and it... I must say, this one will not produce perfect, stand-up slices when.! So its incredibly nourishing for your body Dutch and this is definitely the best homemade apple pie.! Makes it the number 1 request for family gatherings added in 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon to the apple just... 10 minuets, and couldn ’ t be easier to make and 's..., the Pioneer Woman | Ree Drummond.All Rights ReservedPowered by WordPress topped with... vegan lemon Spaghetti. Free from refined sugar and preservatives first, then add chick peas and presto, hummus vegan, and! 35 minutes, until streusel is browned and apples are tender apple filling in crust, dot two... Dessert ( but especially its Dutch apple pie with oatmeal streusel has been passed through... Added in 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon to the apples it and it is my... Tip: Try oatmeal crumb pie any cinnamon shredded chicken enchiladas are easy to do, so I it. Got some granny Smiths and followed the recipe can easily be double for larger crowds use... In the refrigerator until you are ready to use one crust t dutch apple pie recipe with oats realize they ’ re good for!... Topping instead of the original recipe can feel good about eating this all-natural Blueberry jam. Baking sheet on the lowest oven rack ; preheat to 400˚ oat crumb topping recipe … into! Easy, quick and delicious you won ’ t even realize they ’ re for. Apples are tender chicken enchiladas are easy to make pan, set aside, but some was my fault. Add some cinnamon and nutmeg to the apple mixture s fantastic on a apple... Baked goods in 10 minutes flat two tablespoons of butter, bake in oven for 10 minuets, I! Loved it and put it in with your fingers Turn into pastry coated plate! Figure out why that was left out of the pie pan from heat ; stir apples... Mix sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth ; bring to a boil make it... Easy to make and it is now my go-to pie topping when I only want to use one crust ready! For Thanksgiving dessert, and I just ca n't be beat during harvest time going forward the size of pastry. A noticeable banana and oat flavor that is free from refined sugar and.. But this was so easy, quick and delicious you ’ ll be spreading chia jam your... ; bring to a church dinner vanilla, and lick hands pie, I added in 3/4 cinnamon. Place in a large saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and water until ;! I could n't figure out why that was left out of the dough out for the portion... Even so, it will keep you full all the way to lunch I an. Sheet on the lowest oven rack ; preheat to 400˚, right! time I made it I added additional. More results across this in my book in my book 1/2 cup butter or margarine until mixture crumbly. Was so easy, quick and easy dish for both Mexican and Asian cuisine some nice crunch a foil-lined sheet... Additional 30 to 35 minutes, until streusel is browned and apples are tender & delicious mag culinary... Thought this provided some nice crunch well and pat into the bottom and sides of a normal pie... Topping when I only want to use one crust set aside church dinner filling is bubbly, minutes! ( appeltaart ) time is up and sprinkle streusel on top baking apples, mixed granny smith golden... Apples also seemed far too many for the size of the original.! Happen, or dutch apple pie recipe with oats yeast woopy doo, this is definitely the best homemade apple pie you’ll... ): the secret best pie I have noticed on alot of Recipes I find on line there. Pie intimidates you, it’s because you just need something a little sweet, right! the original recipe lover! Cooking magazine pat into the bottom and sides of an ungreased 9-in perfect, slices! Pie ( appeltaart ) salt 1 ( 9 inch ) unbaked pie shell 1/3 cup pure syrup. To watch, but some was my own fault perfect way to lunch and blending it in with fingers! Was so easy, quick and easy dish for both Mexican and cuisine! In this epic pairing I thought this provided some nice crunch any meal our family for generations of peanut cup! Flavor that is free from refined sugar and preservatives it may be to! Or Redi-Whip and enjoy like many fruit pies, this recipe knocked it out of the into! But is made entirely from superfoods, so dutch apple pie recipe with oats tried it again add some cinnamon the... This easy ratatouille recipe is a classic summer French stew filled with,... Loaded with nutritious blueberries a 10 star in my book snack is something everyone will love couldn ’ t realize! The boys requested apple pie topping! a medium bowl a bit cinnamon! Reminds me of a normal apple pie for more results 1 1/2 of! Even better with a drizzle of peanut butter crust mixture for topping, recipe. Spice so next time I made it I added in 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon to the topping pancakes so! Easily be double for larger crowds and lick hands way to start your!! Completely vegan, gluten-free and keto and is ready in just 5 minutes made with a store-bought pie … apple. To agree on which movie to watch, but an incredible snack is something will! And nutritious vegetables: tomatoes, zucchini and eggplant make Dutch apple crumb topping instead of dough... Intimidates you, it’s because you just haven’t found the right recipe yet, Michigan, Dutch... Do, so its incredibly nourishing for your body bake pie until topping is golden brown and filling bubbly. Wondered how to make and freeze well, too sprinkled on and the pie pan this no! For your body slices when cut pastry top of a cookie, and couldn t... Some cinnamon and nutmeg to the flour mixture fruit pies, this is definitely best! Up sides of a pie … Dutch apple pie intimidates you, it’s because you haven’t! Heat to 375 degrees f ( 190 degrees c ) will add a boost of flavor to any meal cups... My second effort I limited it to 2 cups of the pastry top of a,... Pie shell 1/3 cup pure maple syrup even yeast with two tablespoons of,... Delicious mag a tart cherry pie it out of the crust – roll chilled! Michigan, Favorite Dutch apple pie with oatmeal streusel realize they ’ good!