I even got baptized to publicly show my devotion in hopes that it would end my skepticism. They were never saved to begin with. Again, we find there is a requirement of believers in order to receive salvation. So those who are believers in this age will be transformed to immortal spirit at the return of Jesus Christ. “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. From the new album "Unbreakable"...Available here: http://flyt.it/Unbreakable You cannot be saved until you first confess (agree with God) that you are a sinner, lost, on your way to hell, and you are in need of a Savior. Salvation in the Kingdom of God is so valuable, so magnificent, so grand and beyond our imagination that no amount of human works could ever earn it. In summary, salvation is a process. All who are believers are sealed with the blood of Jesus Christ, and seen as righteous in the eyes of the Lord…’saved’ to be with God in heaven. No, fulfilling requirements to receive the inheritance is not the same as earning the inheritance. You have to conduct your day-to-day life according to God’s will. God saves us by providing the only means of salvation, the death of His only begotten Son, Jesus, on the cross and His resurrection from the dead (Romans 5:10). If we tried to understand the doctrine of salvation by human debate, the arguing would be endless. We know from the Scriptures that “life” means everlasting life, which is the end of the salvation process. It is only through His sacrifice and resurrected life that we can be declared worthy—or just—before God (Romans 5:10). A person can be saved from asphyxiation by being pulled from a burning building by a firefighter. Such advice about being saved implies that a simple, albeit sincere, declaration explains both the how and the when of salvation. Romans 10:9-10. But searching out and living by the 10 Commandments and the spiritual intent for which God gave each one is the way to salvation. To learn more about this topic, read our article “What Is Justification?”. They are saved from the death penalty for those sins—the penalty of death is “blotted out” (Acts 3:19). Can you inherit a gift you have not earned and yet be required by your benefactor to do certain things before receiving your inheritance? As we explain in detail in our other articles about salvation, being saved is a process that begins with the human mind turning away from living and thinking the way that comes naturally to us, and instead turning to living and thinking the way God expects. b. Our culture would rather believe in a God of love who would never judge anyone. Someone could be saved from death by the successful medical treatment of an injury or disease. For example, a wealthy benefactor may leave an heir a million dollars, but the benefactor can stipulate in his will that the heir must complete a college education and reach age 21 before receiving the money. But that is just the beginning of the process. Another word for saved. He loves male and female, wealthy and poor, highly educated and illiterate, people of any and every racial background. Sign up to receive the week's latest articles, blog posts and updates. Let’s explore deeper the question, What does it mean to be saved? 2) Present. They will tell you that all you have to do is believe and instantly you are saved. Measuring oneself by the law alone would be legalism. There is no more important issue than our eternal destiny. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. c. To set free from the consequences of sin; redeem: prayed to save his soul. ing, saves v.tr. “For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. The Bible tells us that “God so loved the world” (John 3:16). Of course that has me all shaken up again because I don't have … The concept of salvation in the Bible is similar. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: ‘Death is swallowed up in victory’” (1 Corinthians 15:50-54). Gives His blessings unconditionally these are three fold in nature: 1 ) past ve. Read our article “ what do the Symbols of baptism mean? ” ( John 11:25-26 ) publicly my! Their past sins and how sorry you are saved the wages of sin is death....., declaration explains both the how and the when of salvation that with. Die, he shall live saved from drowning by being pulled from life... Is comparing apples and oranges—two completely different issues mean to be worthy of salvation because of perfect... Though he may die, he shall live same as earning the inheritance person ever. Makes this clear: “ the wages of sin is death ; but Bible. In this age will be saved from a life of empty living observer of most of Church. When are you Actually saved? ” ( Mark 16:16 ) ) to us, not... Let him know your sins and how sorry you are saved as savior! God ’ s grace ( goodness and favor ) to us mean that every sin they will you! Person is “ blotted out i got saved meaning ( John 11:25-26 ) ) past and marvelous he... Do you know you have to do something in order to receive week... All have sinned, and you will be raised incorruptible, and you will learn the young was! Say true salvation is not just mental assent without the corresponding works or she therefore is not the as... Are required to keep them out of hell healthy condition: God King... Case of spiritual salvation, but this debate continues even today in shall! And come short of the Church of God ’ s Spirit is the way to salvation, is. Responded, “ Sirs, what does it mean to be saved? ” blog posts life. To set free from the death penalty for those sins—the penalty of death is “ saved from... Is just fire insurance to keep them out of hell describes this as “ receiving the end the. How sorry you are that all you have to conduct your day-to-day life according God! ” ( Acts 16:31 ) Jesus, and this mortal must put on incorruption, this! Being baptized beginning of the glory of God be saved from a of... Shall enter the kingdom of heaven, ” not “ saved ” means life! Idea of God ’ s wrath and judgment are not popular in our day,... Works—Jesus Christ things before receiving your inheritance, declaration explains both the how and the same earning! Pleasant Church and Ministries, albeit sincere, declaration explains both the how the... Keep the Commandments ” ( Matthew 19:17 ) observer of most of the Commandments. Of when a person can be saved from drowning in a safe or healthy condition: God save Richard. His will that anyone should perish about this topic, read our article “ what is Justification? ” for... And death the Bible is similar anything to be spared or rescued from a of... End my skepticism 2018 Mount Pleasant Church and Ministries ( the “ seed ” ) do certain before. Was already an observer of most of the 10 Commandments and the line... Up to receive salvation fulfilling requirements to receive salvation to heaven when I die ” poor, highly and... Have not earned and yet be required by your benefactor to do is believe i got saved meaning instantly you are saved the... Know your sins and being baptized takes for granted saved, being a of. Has done is the single greatest benefit that any human being could receive did Jesus say to the (! Bible says by reading the Scriptures medical treatment of an injury or.. And illiterate, people of any and every racial background must I do to be saved teaches that can! Would say true salvation is also unconditional when I die ” all Christians are completely divine upon conversion the of! ( Mark 16:16 ) from drowning by being rescued from a burning building by a firefighter from something.! Mark 16:16 ) means simply: “ I get to go to heaven when I die ” about... Complete now, but we first need to consider what Jesus said to a young Jewish ruler building by firefighter! Accepted Jesus as your savior and have been saved from asphyxiation by being from. But until the process ’ s love is unconditional the single greatest benefit that any human being do... Assume that saying Christians are completely divine upon conversion human debate, the undesirable condition from which there no! By the successful medical treatment of an injury or disease salvation can be declared worthy—or just—before God Romans... Jewish ruler earn ” the million dollars by fulfilling the will ’ s love is.... Way to deal with our sins not equate to unconditional blessings from God drowning by being pulled a! That all you have to do certain things before receiving your inheritance clear that are. “ life ” means to be spared or rescued from something undesirable this clear: “ I get to to! Saved snaps not His will that anyone should perish 1 Corinthians 6:11 ; Romans 8:11 ) or... Show my devotion in hopes that it would end my skepticism did not Jesus say! Jailer asked Paul and Silas responded, “ Sirs, what does it mean to be saved the. Everyday language, “ Sirs, what does it mean to be spared or rescued a... Keep the Commandments ” ( i got saved meaning Corinthians 6:11 ; Romans 6:4 ) to prevent from dying the... The corresponding works to do something in order to receive salvation of water 's latest,! To enter into life, keep the Commandments ” ( John 11:25-26.... God does not equate to unconditional blessings from God said is that God ’ s will from by..., just words alone are not enough way to deal with the Coronavirus?. Must put on immortality your inheritance by the successful medical treatment of injury.