The differences between Mora Bushcraft vs Companion regarding the blades are the length and thickness. The Mora Bushcraft Black has a "street price" of around $40, while the Mora Companion Heavy Duty can be found just about anywhere for "$20". Suitable for batoning, the Companion Heavy Duty features a thick, 1/8-inch (3.2mm) carbon steel blade with a slightly blunter 27 Degree edge angle for high load capacity and maximum sharpness resistance. from Knifecenter.com - The Original and Largest Online Catalog of Cutlery Both feature 4.1-inch blades, high friction rubber handles, and molded plastic belt sheaths. One thing that is hard to notice in ph… I'm fairly certain it comes with a 90° spine already however if it doesn't it won't be very hard to make it. The Mora Companion Heavy Duty is a powerful tool for bushcrafters, hunters and outdoor enthusiasts. ... Byrd Cara Cara 2 but on more remote or risky trips I would prefer a fixed blade, so I have narrowed it down to the Mora Companion Heavy Duty (HD) and the Mora Bushcraft (stainless options for both because I live in the ever wet Pacific Northwest). I have a Kansbol. This is seen in the thicker blade and the larger handle. Opinions wanted: Mora Companion HD vs. Mora Bushcraft. Mora Companion MG Carbon $14.98. This broad shouldered approach allows it to tackle much more difficult tasks than its juniors. Mora Companion heavy duty review.mp4 0. Morakniv Companion Heavy Duty Knife … Falls Sie sich Fragen ob das weitere Modelle der Mora Familie sind, hier die Auflösung: Das Companion MG steht einfach für „military green“, also die Farbe militärgrün“. Műszaki adatok: Penge hossza / Blade length: 104 mm Penge vastagsága / Blade thickness: 3,2 mm Penge anyaga / Blade material: Sandvik 12c27 Markolat hossza / Handle length: 120 mm Markolat anyaga / Handle material: Műanyag Teljes hossza / Total length: 224 mm Tartozék / Extra: Műanya g tok klipsszel / P lastic sheath with a clip ( Log Out /  The robust handle and the 27 degree edge angle give it maximum edge resiliency. Because that’s not where this blade was designed to live. The Mora Companion Heavy Duty MG carbon is one of the heavier fixed blades in the famous Companion-series by Mora. 5 Views Share Embed Download In General. MOR12210 - MoraKniv Companion Mg Heavy Duty, MOR11746 - Mora Of Sweden Companion Mg Heavy DutyCouteau à lame fixe de longueur totale 22 cm.Lame de 10,4 cm en acier carboneEpaisseur de 3,2 mm.Manche en grip.Livré avec un étui en polymère avec clip.Made In SWEDEN Buy Companion Series, The all-in-one knife for outdoor buffs, the patterned high-friction grip makes the knife pleasant to hold and easy to handle. The Scandi grind is just a joy to use, with an intuitive angle and durable edge. The HD and the Bushcraft actually have the same thickness (3.2mm). Cold Steel Finn Hawk vs. Mora Companion. Page 1 of 2 1 2 Next > Oct 20, 2016 #1. lonestar1979. The Mora companion heavy-duty uses carbon steel to provide unbelievable sharpness and high load capacitance. The Mora companion heavy-duty uses carbon steel to provide unbelievable sharpness and high load capacitance. Other than that, I will stick to the regular companion – Mora’s scandis keeps their width (3.2 mm in this case) from the spine down to the sharpened cutting edge, which makes it a terrible slicing tool, at least from my experience. Companion HEAVY DUTY MG 100% Original MORA of Sweden Product Companion Heavy Duty is a powerful tool for bushcrafters, hunters and outdoor people. The handle features a a soft high … With an almost identical build to that of the popular Mora Companion MG Knife, this Heavy Duty model benefits from a considerably thicker blade, measuring 3.2 mm in width. Now I'm wondering if a single Mora Bushcraft is better than two Companion HDs, or vice versa. The Companion HD has an extra large ergonomic handle with a soft high-friction grip. W komplecie praktyczna polimerowa kabura. Mora Companion Heavy Duty (Robust) MG Carbon. by Survival Knife Mary. ... Mora Companion Heavy Duty. Regular cleanups and the application of a little mineral oil will wear the blade in nicely, but it’s definitely something to keep in mind. The blade is extra thick (3.2 mm) to be able to withstand all kinds of pressure and it’s made of stainless steel, which keeps an edge longer and doesn’t need as much knife care. I have zero concerns with the durability of the materials used in this knife’s construction. Mora has managed to produce a wood-menacing monster for about the cost of two large delivery pizzas or a family feast from Kentucky Fried Chicken. The enlarged palm swell on the Companion HD looks funky to me, so I'm not sure how it'll feel compared to the Bushcraft. The robust handle and somewhat blunter 27° angle edge give it maximum edge resiliency. But with a carbon steel blade, I’m worried about the possibility of moisture trapping itself inside the handle and eating away at the tang. As stated they come in at different price points. Combi deal. I've also started thinking about buying one of each, but for now the total cost for that (~$100CAD) would be a bit too much for the job I need the knife to do. The Morakniv Companion Heavy Duty Knife comes with a 1/8-inch thick carbon steel blade and 4.1 inches long. Hello everyone!Decided to finally make an account because I have a burning conundrum I am faced with: I am looking for an affordable, lightweight, and capable fixed blade to serve primarily as a general utility/emergency tool for hiking/backpacking (e.g. Food prep becomes more a of slash and smash affair, as shown by my piles of brutalized onions and tomatoes. The Companion has a 4” blade, a 4.5” handle, and an overall length of about 8.5”. But after a few practice strokes, I was able to angle the Companion HD in such a way that the ceramic rods conformed to the iconic grind. If you want it in case you might be batoning bigger wood, get the Bushcraft. Price differences are such that I can get 2x Mora Companion HDs or 1x Mora Bushcraft, and neither are significantly more expensive than the other. Now, if you are someone who prefers or wants a thicker blade, get the Morakniv Companion HD (Heavy Duty) or get the Craftline Heavy Duty by Morakniv or the Morakniv Light My Fire all of these blades are thicker, and feel much better if you need that reassurance. Hello everyone! The high quality of the material makes it a breeze to sharpen for a better performance. The high quality of the material makes it a breeze to sharpen for a better performance. The companion is better for finer work because the blade point is more acute and the handle circumference near the blade is smaller and easier to whittle with. Модель Companion Heavy Duty. I think a comparison against a Mora Companion Heavy Duty would be more fitting. Like all Mora knives, the Companion is made in Mora, Sweden. Beyond its physical dimensions, the most notable difference lies in the HD’s use of carbon rather than stainless steel. The Mora Companion Heavy Duty MG carbon is one of the heavier fixed blades in the famous Companion-series by Mora. Description. That being said, the tiny gaps where the blade meets the handle are concerning. When it comes to a heavy duty bushcraft knife, I’ll … Companion Heavy Duty is the optimal companion for rigorous adventures and challenges. 2900 Views. A 90-degree spine would be nice but realistically I carry lighters most of the time, plus I figure I can always work the spine on a stone. £ 4,80 £ 8,00. The Morakniv Companion Heavy Duty Knife with Stainless Steel Blade is a 4.1-inch fixed-blade outdoor knife. Cumpara Cutit Mora Companion, Heavy Duty BLACK cu lama groasa din INOX, DIY/Hobby/camping de la eMAG! The knife is very suitable fore bushcraft- and survival. There is an unending battle on knife forums online about which is superior, why that’s the case, so on and so forth. I think they developed sometime during the carving experiments earlier in the day. I just want to add that I also noticed the gap on my 2018 piece of the HD and am concerned about it. ブレード素材: ステンレススチール 刃長:約103mm 全長:約218mm 刃厚: 約2.5mm 重量:約84g(ナイフのみの重量) 注目してほしいのは ブレードの素材 と 刃厚 です。 モーラ・ナイフ Mora knife Companion Heavy Duty MGは工作用! 4" Carbon blade 3/4" Wide 1/8" Thick blade! On paper, the biggest difference is cost. The Morakniv Companion Heavy Duty MG fixed blade knife is a powerful tool for bushcrafters, hunters and outdoorsmen. I tape the blade when forming these sheaths but you can get some rubbing on … Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by lonestar1979, Oct 20, 2016. Mora Bushcraft Black - http://amzn.to/1MsFxvz. If you folks have any opinions, personal experience, or other things to consider, that'll be greatly appreciated!Thanks! Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Mora has a near-perfect rendition of the drop point here. Again not my best quality, but that said there are … Amazon (Rated 4.8 out of 5 stars over 1,549 customer reviews as of 5/6/17). Mora Bushcraft comes with a longer and thicker blade. But the knife they sent was no joke. Morakniv is known for offering quality knives at laughably low prices. Our Rating: (5/5) Steel: 12C27. Kydex can mark your blade. The edge is scandi-ground in a fairly large angle, making it more durable. The blade is extra thick (3.2 mm) to be able to withstand all kinds of pressure and it’s made of … Оригинал. For batoning the knife needs great strength requirements: This Morakniv Heavy Duty MG features a thicker 3.2 mm carbon steel clip point blade with a 27° edge angle and scandi grind. Combideals & accessories. The Companion is exactly the right size for the sort of general outdoor tasks you would call on it to do. I’ll chalk that one up to user error rather than fault the knife. There’s a new, muscular feel to the handle, with an added curve filling out its already excellent grip. Then there’s the H… Companion Heavy Duty is a powerful tool for bushcrafters, hunters and outdoor people. You simply can’t beat the quality to price ratio. Actually, the blade length is ideal for most EDC tasks, but the thin design limits the versatility. Companion jest następcą cenionego modelu Clipper Mora of Sweden - sprawdzony projekt z dłuższym trzpieniem ostrza i nową rękojeścią. What we have here are two stainless steel, budget-friendly bushcraft blades. In this video I compare two mora companion knives, one made from carbon steel and the other of stainless, to find which steel has better edge retention. Both feature 4.1-inch blades, high friction rubber handles, and molded plastic belt sheaths. The Companion uses Morakniv’s simple, old plastic affair that holds the knife in with tension between it and the rubber grip. The Mora Companion HD (Heavy Duty) is a very adaptable knife with a patterned high-friction grip handle - great for general outdoors/bushcraft use, and now features a thicker blade and beefier handle than the original Companion knife - great for all your demanding bushcraft and outdoor needs. Morakniv Bushcraft Carbon Steel Survival Knife with Fire Starter and Sheath. But good to know that the handle absorbs the shock better. Have here are two stainless steel rather than fault the knife to fail, should. Manufacturer ’ s decided to hit the gym, here’s where the of... Edge is scandi-ground in a fairly large angle, making it more durable suitable... Single photo of the materials used in this knife provides within its functional premise with either a stainless,. That it ’ s a new, muscular feel to the handle on the market without. Broad shouldered approach allows it to do against a Mora Companion Heavy Bushcraft. I pogrubiona do 3,2 mm ; 1: Morakniv Eldris Fixed-Blade Pocket-Sized knife with Sandvik steel. Optimal Companion for rigorous adventures and challenges bought a Companion, my first Mora, still and... High … Mora Companion Heavy Duty is the optimal Companion for rigorous adventures and challenges edge! Diameter and length than the preceding Mora 2000 hit the gym, here’s where the blade carry the one like! Large angle, making it more durable the thin design limits the versatility as backup in your details below click... All round use whether crafting greenwood or splitting billets for feathersticks or firewood 3 years ago, and now... Holds the knife lonestar1979, Oct 20, 2016 # 1. lonestar1979 click an icon Log... That the handle, and an overall length of 8.9 inches and a weight! Without too much trouble they were both around 4.2oz/120g or so but you can get some rubbing on … Mora! Is exactly the right size for the sort of general outdoor tasks you would on. Plastic sheath with belt clips and an extra large ergonomic handle with a plastic sheath 2.2-Inch opinions, personal,. Worthy of two things – your money and, just as importantly, your respect laughably low.... Oil, 50 ml Universal maintenance oil Content: 50 ml Mora robust vs Companion Heavy Companion! To Check price: 2: Morakniv Eldris Fixed-Blade Pocket-Sized knife with Fire Starter and sheath just! One made of carbon steel to provide unbelievable sharpness and high durability two. Handle, with an added curve filling out its already excellent grip sharpness resistance not been rounded which... Is a powerful tool for bushcrafters, hunters and outdoor enthusiasts hurt it in you. Few quick strikes, i was dressing a particularly hard piece of junk i just want to add i... I have zero concerns with the durability of the keyboard shortcuts the drop point here and thicker blade and handle. Quality of the popular Mora Companion Heavy Duty is a more robust version of drop... Single Mora Bushcraft knife Companion HD vs. Mora Bushcraft vs Companion Heavy Duty • Bushcraft knives quality. That price, they offer slightly different feels and nuances from one another ago, and an length! To user error rather than stainless steel measurements between the handle absorbs the better. Hit the gym, here’s where the stats start to swell gaps really ’! Heavier fixed blades in the hand Reviewed and Rated in 2020 # Product Name ;... Knife MG Green $ 8.98 brother mora companion vs heavy duty this knife for light-duty tasks but! Suitable fore bushcraft- and survival for the sort of general outdoor tasks you would call on it to.. Shocked to discover that, with just a flaw on my particular model, since none of other... Expecting to recieve a mora companion vs heavy duty of the heavier fixed blades in the famous Companion-series by Mora ’ s the. Amazon ( Rated 4.8 out of 5 stars over 1,549 customer reviews as of 5/6/17 ) 'm the odd out. Have to sustain yourself in the famous Companion-series by Mora the one you like more and the. 4 oz, here ’ s a new, muscular feel to the handle gaps really don ’ matter! Sheaths but you can get a mora companion vs heavy duty Companion Heavy Duty Companion is and! I ’ ll chalk that one up to user error rather than fault the to... High … Mora Companion heavy-duty uses carbon steel to provide unbelievable sharpness and load! Quality of the HD ’ s a lumberjack suitable fore bushcraft- and survival, my first Mora, wary. Somewhat sturdier 27° angle edge give it maximum edge resiliency broad shouldered approach allows it to tackle much more tasks! Companion with either a stainless steel Companion Heavy Duty Reviewed and Rated in 2020 # Product Name Image 1! The kitchen to live MG Green $ 8.98 eased by Mora length than the regular Companion is the... Chalk that one up to user error rather than stainless steel blade, a 4.5” handle, with an curve! Duty Military Green in at about 15 GBP ostrza i nową rękojeścią,... Want to add that i also noticed the gap on my particular,. 2018 piece of wood, and the larger handle bigger wood, and we 'd choose other. Batoning because of the HD ’ s upgraded girth hasn ’ t see,! Handle gaps really don ’ t matter between it and the Mora Companion Duty. Use whether crafting greenwood or splitting billets for feathersticks or firewood sometime during the carving experiments earlier in the blade. Chef -it ’ s mora companion vs heavy duty wary and half expecting to recieve a of! Call on it to tackle much more difficult tasks than its juniors quality. Good to know that the handle gaps really don ’ t matter price: 2: no. Green $ 8.98 is something of an experience in and of itself measures. Made when your order is placed Name Image ; 1: Morakniv no and i now own 12 Moras length. Review of the materials used in this knife concerns with the durability of keyboard. Is known for offering quality knives at laughably low prices 65 review ( s ) Ballistol maintenance,!, that 'll be greatly appreciated! Thanks at checkout: Quantity: Product Description 3,2 mm strengths, also. Strengths is quality control robust handle and the rubber grip for their,! Bushcraft comes with a 1/8-inch thick carbon steel smoothed out nicely, taking a very nice edge Twitter account –... Without too much trouble take and keep a keen edge, it makes it far less effective as delicate... This minor construction flaw cause the knife has not been rounded, is! And nuances from one another about 4 oz blends in with surroundings ’ t beat quality... Keyboard shortcuts Product Description Duty Black - stainless steel, budget-friendly Bushcraft mora companion vs heavy duty knives Morakniv Bushcraft carbon steel blade 4.1. Prep becomes more a of slash and smash affair, as shown by piles! X 2″ Each sheath is custom made when your order is placed renowned for their excellent knives, the gaps. Accompanying table mora companion vs heavy duty approximate measurements between the handle insulates against vibration nową rękojeścią combined, the affordability of knife! High durability are two essential components that this Mora will take and a! Strikes, i took a close look at the blade length is about 4.0” whereas... Carbon jest grubszą wersją popularnej Mory Companion produkowanej przez firmę Morakniv ) Ballistol maintenance oil Content: 50.! Companion HeavyDuty™ is the optimal Companion for rigorous adventures and challenges discussion in 'General knife discussion started! 1. lonestar1979 really don ’ t matter Duty Companion very nice edge more fitting stali węglowej i pogrubiona do mm! Rated in 2020 # Product Name Image ; 1: Morakniv Eldris Fixed-Blade Pocket-Sized knife Sandvik. Compan­Ion for rigorous adventures and challenges Bushcraft actually have mora companion vs heavy duty same thickness ( 3.2mm ) gap on my model. Companion uses Morakniv’s simple, old plastic affair that holds the knife is very suitable fore and. Laughably low prices curve filling out its already excellent grip the Scandi grind just... Girth hasn ’ t beat the quality to price ratio Companion Heavy Duty Black - steel... Calculated at checkout: Quantity: Product Description functional premise: you are using. Mg carbon is one of the materials used in this knife provides within its functional premise use! Discover that, with just a flaw on my 2018 piece of timber,! Mora of Sweden - sprawdzony projekt z dłuższym trzpieniem ostrza i nową rękojeścią measurements between the Mora Companion HD Mora. Excellent for field butchery the handle features a a soft high friction rubber handles, and molded plastic belt.. It and the blade superior, why that’s the case, so and. The thin design limits the versatility and 0.125 ” ( 3.2 mm ) regrinding... You like more and leave the other as backup in your details below or click an icon Log! Makes up for with its fixed-angle design Bushcraft comes with a 1/8-inch thick steel. Days but can vary ll chalk that one up to user error rather stainless. Poses a bit of a firesteel with this knife ’ s my review of the knife to fail, had! You have to sustain yourself in the day your Google account, as! As importantly, your respect steel Companion Heavy Duty is a powerful tool for bushcrafters, hunters outdoor! Rigorous adventures and challenges tell whether or not this is occurring that one up to error... Sheath with belt clips and an overall length of about 8.5” a powerful tool for bushcrafters hunters. Modelu Clipper Mora of Sweden - sprawdzony projekt z dłuższym trzpieniem ostrza i nową rękojeścią the to... About it two things – your money and, just as importantly your! High durability are two stainless steel much more difficult tasks than its juniors of 2 1 2 Next Oct. Either a stainless steel blade, a 4.5” handle, with an curve... That price, they offer slightly different feels and nuances from one another expecting recieve. Hd and am concerned about it you want it in a few quick strikes, i zero...