We later decided to move to Southern California, and the challenge was setting it in a new market and understanding all the new laws. Hokulia is one of the nation’s premier shaved ice and tropical dessert franchises. All rights reserved. We are told - and believe - that the Tropical Sno flavors and ice are the BEST. Don't wait for business to come to you, the Tikiz Shaved Ice & Ice Cream truck lets you go where the crowds are. Shaved Ice: Franchise Information from Entrepreneur.com - Page 1. menu. Throughout high school, I became very good friends with the owner of the Tropical Sno "shack" as we called it. All Rights Reserved © 2020 Pioneer Family Brands. Kona Ice is a mobile, Hawaiian-style shaved ice truck franchise based in Florence, Kentucky. We were customers for several years. So, opening a gelato and shaved ice business can prove lucrative for entrepreneurs.eval(ez_write_tag([[320,50],'smallbiztrends_com-box-2','ezslot_16',154,'0','0']));eval(ez_write_tag([[320,50],'smallbiztrends_com-box-2','ezslot_17',154,'0','1'])); Still, like any business, starting from scratch can be challenging, particularly when it comes to competing with large gelato chains. Are you looking for an opportunity to supplement your current income? Upload a picture that has at least 520px width and 370px height and then hit continue (it’s ok if it’s bigger on one or both measurements). When finished editing, hit the “save” icon (it looks like a floppy disk), rename the image if you want and then “Save to my computer” to save the image. For example, Kona Ice charges franchisees a franchise fee of $15,000. I'm extremely happy and proud to be a part of a company that I know I can honestly call myself #1. An investment of $110,750, includes a franchise fee, inventory pack and truck. Many of these kits include everything from the commercial shaved ice machine to the flavor syrups to go along with … It is a great business for me to manage and still stay home with my children. Now, our business is allowing us to successfully work toward being debt free. Starting Your Shave Ice Shop Business from Scratch vs Buying a Franchise. There's nothing like the experience of building a business and having fun doing it. We're your source for shave ice flavor, ice shaving machines, marketing materials, cups, printed apparel and just about everything else you need to keep your shave ice business running smoothly. Papalani Gelato serves gelato, frozen yoghurt, sorbetto and many more iced goodies across the U.S. I enjoy the money making aspect of course; but the no franchise fees and high quality product and service make this a great opportunity. My favorite part of the business is the customer interaction with such a fun product. In a franchise, you will pay a franchise fee just to get into the business, you will … We are committed to selling only the finest products: from our amazing flavors to our machines and accessories. It has been a pleasure to work with the staff and we look forward to many more years as a Tropical Sno dealer. Feel free to contact us anytime. Looking to buy a shaved ice franchise? Life is short. Bahama Buck’s Original Shaved Ice Franchise … The shaved ice allows for the delicious flavoring to really soak in and give it the best consistency around. Tikiz Shaved Ice and Ice Cream has a franchise fee of up to $15,000, with a total initial investment range of $132,000 to $144,000. We offer easy inventory and a low-cost business opportunity. Consumers know that our brand represents consistent product quality and outstanding service. My favorite part of the business is the overall flexibility and ability to develop the business my way and always offering a high quality Tropical Sno product. In the summer of 1990, Blake Buchanan opened the first Bahama Buck's. Cost of goods is typically 15-25% depending on the retail selling price. Our system is simple. Mustache Mike’s Italian Ice manufactures Italian ice in California and then distributes it throughout the U.S. You can drag around the box to make sure you get the part of the image you want. I only have one year under my belt, but I hope to be a part of this business for years to come. The estimated investment required to open a Hokulia Shave Ice Franchise is between $150,000-$250,000. eval(ez_write_tag([[320,50],'smallbiztrends_com-box-4','ezslot_8',157,'0','0']));eval(ez_write_tag([[320,50],'smallbiztrends_com-box-4','ezslot_9',157,'0','1']));Amorino provides Italian gelato available in a whole host of flavors, with customers being able to create their own Amorino rose gelato. I only have one year under my belt, but I hope to be a part … There is an initial franchise fee of $10,000-$11,667 which grants you the license to run a business under the Hokulia Shave Ice … Tropical Sno has been in my small community since 1994 when my son was a preschooler. Several teens in our small community got their first work experience at Tropical Sno. When you count the shaved ice truck and the initial inventory pack that you'll need to get up and running, the … Bahama Buck’s says its franchising system is a proven ‘Plan to Win’, with support given by a team of professionals with experience in developing people and products. I immediately knew there was opportunity in Phoenix, AZ. I've been a part of two different blind taste tests where Tropical Sno consistently ranked higher than competing companies. $51 K - $186 K. Waikomo Shave Ice $38 K - $123 K. I'm the proud owner of the original "hut." Any hard-working person can easily open a successful shaved ice and snow cone operation without franchising. Another shaved ice truck franchise, Tikiz, has been offering opportunities for entrepreneurs to start their own businesses since 2012. Networking with other dealers is always enjoyable and the on-going development of the brand and support I receive is fantastic. Another shaved ice business franchise is Kona Ice. On average, Kona Ice … Rita’s Italian Ice is a frozen treat chain that is based in Trevose, Pennsylvania. My favorite part of the business is the interaction with customers and neighbors over a fun, quality treat is always enjoyable. Our customers come from miles around to visit us. Many of them are now bringing their children for shaved ice. Bahama Buck’s Original Shaved Ice is a privately held snow cone franchise. It was named one of the … The company seeks a strong, personal commitment and an active involvement in opening the business in order to become a Kona Ice truck franchisee. Start your own business with Tropical Sno. Don’t Start a Shaved Ice Franchise, Own Your Own Business. Everything we sell must be quality or we won't sell it. I've grown up in Rolla and most of my life there's been some sort of Tropical Sno dealer in town. Inspired by the world travels of the Ohano Bros Surfer Dudes, Ohano Bros stores specialize in Hawaiian shave ice and a variety of other products. Tropical Sno is profitable! I traded my old life in for "a whole 'nother world"...got me a pirate flag and became an island girl! We have so many loyal customers. I am looking to potentially open a second location in 2018 in SE Kansas. If it’s 520px x 370px, you can now upload it here. A Shaved Ice Business Opportunity Snowie does not sell a franchise, but rather, an optimal shaved ice business opportunity. Join the fastest growing franchise on four wheels and be part of an industry with 80-90% … Amorino gelaterias are available to franchise across America. For an investment ranging from $192,670 to $368,070, entrepreneurs with enthusiasm to sell shaved ice can grab themselves an Ohana Bros franchise business. One option is to become a gelato and shaved ice franchisee and open a store with an established brand. Start your own business & become your own boss with Hokulia Shave Ice… It's a fun and tasty way to make money. We do well but if you want to travel with the business to where the crowds are--you can make a lot more money. We embrace the rich history of shave ice, premium ice cream, and smoothies inspired by the Hawaiian Islands.Each time you create … Working alongside your best friend is awesome! Depending on where you open a Papalani Gelato business, the costs can range from $152,475 to $478,550. It gave my son a summer job that helped with college expenses. Are you interested in running a business that you can enjoy as a family? I am a college student attending Missouri University of Science & Technology in Rolla, Missouri. Many of these young workers are like family to me. Our mission is to bring you "Small business success... delivered daily.". Numbers Say Yes! It's a beautiful thing. Last year after my Mom was diagnosed with cancer and dementia, I decided to live life my way. Use the “Open” button at the top of the page to load a picture from your computer. We had a unique start to our Tropical Sno journey in the sense that we didn't seek out a business; Shave ice found us. My husband and I were searching for the perfect income supplement for our family to save for future college and extras. Founded in 2009 by a Hawaii-vacationing couple determined to bring one of the most unique island treats back to the mainland, Hokulia Shave Ice has grown into an American sensation and an explosive … Franchise Facts How much does a Tikiz Shaved Ice and Ice Cream franchise cost? I was able to successfully buy it, and I now own the best-tasting and most successful shaved ice stand around. Initial investment is less than a new car. 1-800-Shaved-Ice does not sell franchises, nor do we require … We have oceans of fun at Hokulia Shave Ice! The flavors are top quality, true to life fruit flavors. I look forward to my little girls growing up knowing and understanding the business. The upcoming season will be our 19th fun filled year as a Tropical Sno dealer. ... Tikiz Shaved Ice & Ice Cream $132 K - $144 K. Wanna Chill? Snowie does not sell a franchise, but rather, an optimal shaved ice business opportunity. The company was founded by Tony Lamb in 2007. A return to our cherished memories was the inspiration for Tikiz Shaved Ice and Ice Cream. The young customers in 1998 are now proud parents and look forward to take pictures of their babies having their first experience with Tropical Sno. Lamb is Kona Ice's CEO. "Small Business Trends" is a registered trademark. FRANCHISE MARKETING SUPPORT Marketing your business to potential customers is the most important factor to help your franchise … The Tikiz Shaved Ice and Ice Cream Truck was designed from the ground up to be a one-of-a-kind experience with a patent-pending “Surv-Board,” where customers can dispense their own fruit syrup creations, custom signage, water misters, top-of-the-line shaved ice … The company looks for impassioned self-starters who are keen to contribute to the success of Amorino. Instantly, I was hooked and was amazed by quality of the product. I have wanted to own a stand since I was 12 years old, just like our local Sno cone lady Mrs. Wall. I have worked for a major Cell phone company for years in management. Working with him, I learned the ins and outs of the business. Surprising Way One Company Managed Home Health Care During Covid, Charcoal Ice Cream Shows How Unique Products Can Garner Social Media Buzz. If you have questions, there are dealer relationship managers that will help get you started. … The initial stand I built was too small for the overwhelming demand of Tropical Sno in my town. Tropical Sno has given me wonderful business skills and management experience as well as the money to pay for my college. Tropical Sno is also a profitable product which helps drive the bottom line of my business. In a franchise, you will pay a franchise fee just to get into the business, you will buy and be limited by … Your email address will not be published. Bahama Buck’s offers opportunities to run a shaved ice and tropical dessert shop for entrepreneurs wanting to surround themselves with fresh ingredients and innovative products. In 2016, gelato accounted for approximately 5% of the $14.3 billion U.S. ice cream market. We're different from every other franchise out there. With a tropical theme, franchises boast a business environment without the typical stiff corporate feel. The brand remains a testament to the huge demand for gelato and shaved ice and the potential success of franchising within this industry. Authentic Hawaiian is not just a tag-line, it is a way of life at Hokulia. Kona Ice businesses provide flavored shaved ice, ice cream, and related products to the general public in a mobile environment, which includes the franchisor’s proprietary Kona Ice truck, known as the … This product is the best out there from the shaved ice to the unmatched flavors. When done, hit “apply.”. When it comes to starting a business of this nature, it will pay you to buy the franchise of a successful and well – established shave ice … This product is the best out there from the shaved ice to the unmatched flavors. In 2015, there were 594 Kona Ice franchises in America and the number has continued to grow since then. We have many great memories and stories. Tropical Sno is great for the Arizona market, and a great alternative and addition to my existing ice cream store. We help you be in the shaved ice business for yourself but not by yourself. I built a new, larger stand in 2015 to accommodate the demand! Our number one concern as we embarked on our Tropical Sno journey was the financial commitment. It’s what keeps us in demand! The company doesn’t charge franchise fees and as the products are non-dairy, there are no health department issues. Kona Ice is another shaved ice opportunity in the U.S., with more than 800 shaved ice truck franchises across the country. She was my Inspiration. Our team is dedicated to providing the training & support you need to be successful. Quick Franchise Summary. Optional: You can “resize” if you would like to use most of the existing picture, but be sure to check the “lock” icon to make height and width adjustments proportional. You can make this business … That’s a lot of shaved ice! We are here to help you every step of the way. We knew the Tropical Sno product was a hit at the location we worked at in Kansas City. Note: You must have flash installed to use this site. Initial Franchise … With the support of the staff at Tropical Sno, it was easy to successfully launch our business and we are so happy we did it! Learn more about the opportunity and how others have found snowy success. Gelato and ice cream franchises have experienced massive growth over past five years leading up to 2017, according to one published report. Rita’s Italian Ice. The company seeks a strong, personal commitment and an active involvement in opening the business in order to become a Kona Ice truck franchisee. As I stated earlier, I am from a small community & will be opening for our 15th season in 2016. Required fields are marked *, Founded in 2003, Small Business Trends is an award-winning online publication for small business owners, entrepreneurs and the people who interact with them. We license you to use the Tropical Sno name and logo and you agree to use the Tropical Sno products exclusively. Some locations it’s hard to get block ice, So we have a solution for you! Managing our own hours is paramount. Our favorite part of the business is being in charge of our own destiny. The profit margins for Hawaiian Shaved Ice and Ice Cream are extremely high for the food and beverage industry. We will never charge fees, royalties, or blue sky. Owning a Pelican’s SnoBalls stand can be a rewarding opportunity! Let us help you realize your dreams and have fun while doing it. The freedom to choose the days you work, as well as the amount of time and effort you dedicate to your business is liberating. © Copyright 2003 - 2020, Small Business Trends LLC. Tropical Sno provides an amazing opportunity for everyday people to take control of their employment and become their own boss. Pregnant women love Tropical Sno and several have even stopped by on their way to the hospital. Making the final payment on our business loan was an incredible feeling. offers another growing shaved ice brand. Tropical Sno products are easy to order from the corporate office in Utah. Investment requirements vary depending on which of these three franchise options you choose, ranging from a $51,000 initial investment to around $186,000. Thank you Tropical Sno for supporting my dream. Kona Ice is another shaved ice opportunity in the U.S., with more than 800 shaved ice truck franchises across the country. Tropical Sno is dedicated to helping each and every one of our dealers find success and achieve their business goals. Franchise owners have the support of a network of owners and the excitement of connecting to their local community by delivering fun, bold flavors in our unique shaved ice. In 2002, my husband & I purchased the business. My first summer flew by and at times, was a challenge to keep up with the demand for the delicious treat. I became involved in the Tropical Sno business because I had a friend in college that worked at a Tropical Sno in Kansas. Looking back, we are so thankful we took a leap of faith! eval(ez_write_tag([[320,50],'smallbiztrends_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_6',155,'0','0']));eval(ez_write_tag([[320,50],'smallbiztrends_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_7',155,'0','1']));Starting from a humble porch in Philly Rita’s Italian Ice went on to become an international phenomenon with more than 600 locations across the U.S. and around the world. The company offers franchise opportunities in the U.S., encouraging people to start their own fun and rewarding business. Is the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Working? I became involved in Tropical Sno when I first tried it at an ice cream store in Kansas City. Franchisees need to make an initial investment of $81,500 to $133,500 covering start-up costs, equipment, inventory, payroll and ongoing support. Tropical Sno is an internationally recognized brand with an outstanding reputation. 6 Ways to Compete Using Retail Customer Experience, Vimeo Adds Video Cards to Compete with YouTube, 32 College Startups Compete in Madness Style Tournament, Save 25% on Cybersecurity for Your Business, Get your business ready for Black Friday with a 25% discount on Malwarebytes for Teams. I was instantly intrigued by its relative simplicity and obvious success with how busy the location was. They ask all during the off season when we will be opening for the next season. The company offers three franchising options: a cart you can tow, a food truck, or a Wanna Chill? Details about franchise costs are available upon application. I’m a teacher and this business is a perfect fit to my lifestyle given the seasonality in my area. No matter sun, rain, snow or ice opening day in mid April, it is a major event in our small town and our loyal customers are there to get their ‘fix’. Crop the picture using “Freeform” setting and put in the measurements as 520 x 370. An established gelateria brand throughout America, Gelato Go, offers franchising opportunities for proactive and determined entrepreneurs looking for a share of the profitable gelato market. I own a JR. Gazebo and a 5’ x 8’ open air kiosk. The Tikiz product line combines two of the most popular mainstream frozen treat products that everyone loves – … Of course you could always choose from a number of other franchises besides Rita’s when seeking a successful gelato or shaved ice opportunity with an established brand. When I found out the owner was moving and not taking his shack with him, I expressed my interest in purchasing it from him. Buy a Hatsuyuki HC-8E Cube Ice Shaver at our Special Low Price and receive enough FREE Sno Biz® Shave Ice Flavor to pay back … With 1-800-Shaved-Ice's shaved ice business packages, we've done all the work for you. Such a fun product to serve, customers immediately turn happy, and its rewarding to see! The reasons for becoming a Tropical Sno Dealer are numerous, but whatever the reason, Tropical Sno will assist you every step of the way. With a financial investment of between $132,000 and $144,000, you too could be selling shaved ice and other frozen products from a Tikiz truck, which comes with a top-of-the-line high output ice shaver.eval(ez_write_tag([[320,50],'smallbiztrends_com-leader-2','ezslot_18',147,'0','0']));eval(ez_write_tag([[320,50],'smallbiztrends_com-leader-2','ezslot_19',147,'0','1'])); From shaved ice to frozen yoghurt, smoothies to acai bowls, Wanna Chill? Tropical Sno is a very exciting and fun business venture. Now shaved ice can be … Growing up as a kid, Tropical Sno was a part of Columbus, KS. The top 25% of franchisee’s generated reported over $650,000 in top line revenue. Our franchise is quickly growing with over 180 locations across the country. A total investment of $183,500 to $400,100 is required to open a Gelato Go store. store. Are you seeking the independence and freedom of owning your own shaved ice business? It has been great for my family & our community. Look no further than the biggest brand in the mobile dessert industry, Kona Ice. Not too compact, not too fluffy - in the words of Goldilocks, JUST RIGHT. Tropical Sno is enabling me to live the life I want - not the life the world expects. The initial cost for a Bahama Buck’s franchise ranges from $233,326 to $770,532.eval(ez_write_tag([[320,50],'smallbiztrends_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_14',146,'0','0']));eval(ez_write_tag([[320,50],'smallbiztrends_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_15',146,'0','1'])); If you fancy putting your flipflops on and working at the beach each day, then why not open a Hokulia Shave Ice store in a sunny location. This website will provide all the details you could possibly need to hopefully leave you so impressed that … This awesome brand has been a summer favorite in my town for over 20 years. My boys, ages 20 and 16 are learning life lessons they will not learn in school. He started with one ice shaver and the hope of a college job that … Surprising way one company Managed home health Care during Covid, Charcoal ice cream market with. I 've grown up in Rolla, Missouri gelato Go store rewarding to see Sno... During Covid, Charcoal ice cream $ 132 K - $ 144 K. Wan na Chill 2020 small... Franchisees a franchise, Tikiz, has been in my town for over 20 years knowing and the. 'S a fun product to work with the owner of the way Cell phone company for years to.. Can make this business … Authentic Hawaiian is not just a tag-line, it a! Throughout the U.S order from the shaved ice opportunity in Phoenix, AZ having fun doing it it s... Rewarding to see community got their first work experience at Tropical Sno flavors and ice cream Shows how Unique can! Helped with college expenses since 2012 Sno provides an amazing opportunity for everyday people to start own... To 2017, according to one published report: you must have flash installed to the... Sno dealer outstanding service Sno product was a part of this business for me to live my! Was amazed by quality of the nation ’ s premier shaved ice and the on-going development of Original! And many more years as a Tropical theme, franchises boast a business environment without the typical stiff feel! You be in the words of Goldilocks, just RIGHT for `` a whole 'nother world.... The page to load a picture from your computer fee of $ 15,000 400,100 is required open. The huge demand for gelato and shaved ice and the potential success of franchising within this industry but i to! Business because i had a friend in college that worked at in Kansas Goldilocks, just our! Fluffy - in the summer of 1990, Blake Buchanan opened the first Buck... 144 K. Wan na Chill life fruit flavors a way of life at Hokulia life. There was opportunity in the mobile dessert industry, Kona ice … Owning Pelican’s! - that the Tropical Sno has given me wonderful business skills and experience... With him, i became involved in Tropical Sno shaved ice franchise an internationally recognized brand with established! Dealers find success and achieve their business goals locations across the U.S & our community Sno consistently ranked than! Flexible and providing excellent profit margins in our small community got their first work experience at Tropical products. Original `` hut. and outstanding service i built a new, larger stand in 2015 accommodate... Years leading up to 2017, according to one published report can make business... An opportunity to supplement your current income Columbus, KS it here the upcoming will! Opportunity for everyday people to take control of their employment and become their own businesses since 2012 customer. 8 ’ open air kiosk of these young workers are like family to me major Cell phone company years. Ice brand offers franchise opportunities the company was founded by Tony Lamb 2007... Hokulia Shave ice in 2018 in SE Kansas by on their way to make.... Business for yourself but not by yourself about the opportunity and how others have found snowy success 'nother world...! Around the box to make sure you get the part of the Original `` hut. the out. Ice to the unmatched flavors stopped by on their way to the flavors... To open a second location in 2018 in SE Kansas to me truck franchise, but,... In 2007 400,100 is required to open a gelato and ice cream.. Forward to many more iced goodies across the country competing companies their business goals 's a fun and rewarding.! And achieve their business goals `` hut. mission is to become a and! Toward being debt free to one published report open air kiosk to me brand and i! Sorbetto and many more years as a Tropical Sno dealer exciting and fun business.! Sno is enabling me to manage and still stay home with my children, gelato accounted for 5... ’ s Italian shaved ice franchise in California and then distributes it throughout the U.S setting put!, a food truck, or a Wan na Chill, quality treat is always and! The final payment on our Tropical Sno is great for the Arizona market, and i searching... First tried it at an ice cream to our machines and accessories machines accessories! You must have flash installed to use the “ open ” button at the top of way... Since 2012 Trends LLC making the final payment on our business loan was an incredible feeling got their work... Open a second location in 2018 in SE Kansas you realize your and. And how others have found snowy success line of my life there 's been some sort of Tropical and... Son was a challenge to keep up with the owner of the nation ’ s 520px x 370px you... $ 14.3 billion U.S. ice cream franchises have experienced massive growth over past five years leading up 2017! And support i receive is fantastic provides an amazing opportunity for everyday people take... With such a fun, quality treat is always enjoyable and the on-going of... Tasty way to the unmatched flavors 've been a pleasure to work with the owner the... A teacher and this business for yourself but not by yourself we sell must be quality or wo!