In another bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth, add the condensed milk and beat again. This is an unbaked crumb crust. While the pie is resting in the fridge, preheat the oven to 425°f/220°c. Prep an oven-safe pie plate for nonstick and preheat your oven to 375. The dough can be sticky; I usually use the back of a wet spoon for this challenge. Alternatively, if your mixture is too wet and it is hard to work with, add more cookie crumbs until it is just moistened enough for the crumbs to stick together easily. Press the crumbs very hard to get a good crust. Took the advice of an earlier reviewer and baked at 350F for nine minutes. Gather the crumb mixture loosely up the sides of the plate until all the edges are covered with crumbs. Ingredients. Bake until crust is firm, about 10 minutes. This 5 ingredient dessert recipe is perfect for holidays. This does make quite a sweet pie, so next time I may halve the sugar and see how it comes out. To bake the crust, place it in the oven at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Lightly butter bottom and side of a 9-inch (23-cm) pie plate. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. 1/3 cup melted butter 1 3/4 cups vanilla wafer cookie crumbs {about 3 1/2 cups miniature cookies} 3 Tbsp sugar A pinch of kosher salt. In a small bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs and sugar, then stir in the melted butter. Best of all: It takes less than 5 minutes to put together. The recipe for How to Make a Sugar Free Graham Cracker Pie Crust. Press firmly into a 9-inch pie plate. Baked graham cracker crust:Baking allows for the butter and sugar to bind to the point that the crust is sure to hold together. In a food processor, pulse wafers until finely ground. Press mixture firmly into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. It takes less than 5 minutes to put together and can be used for a no-bake pie filling. Place vanilla wafers and nuts (if using) in a food processor and process until fine crumbs form. We frequently double the amounts when making this crust in a food processor. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Bake for 10 minutes. It’s not only incredibly easy but also tastes better than anything you could purchase pre-made. Nutrition Info Per Serving. 1 ¾ cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour. Cook Time: 15 minutes. Pour crumb mixture into an 8" - 9.5" pie pan and use the back of a measuring spoon to press it firmly in the bottom of the pan and a little bit up the sides of the pan. Combined everything in a food processor and pressed into a pie plate. Surprisingly, it is made with oil, not lard. This recipe has a twist by adding in nuts, though this is optional. Form the top edges of the crust and neaten them up by pressing them together with two fingers. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/12310/vanilla-wafer-crust Combine the butter, the cookie crumbs, the sugar & the salt in a bowl. Combine wafer crumbs and butter or margarine together thoroughly. Press firmly into a 9-inch pie plate. Old Fashioned Flaky Pie Crust Rating: Unrated 33 This recipe has been handed down for over 80 years, I'm told. I also added about 1/3 cup of powdered sugar and it was so good! Stir in the pudding then fold in the whipped cream. 03 Press pie crust mixture into the 9” pie plate and place in the refrigerator or freezer for 30 minutes to chill while you make the pie filling. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. In a bowl, whisk together the milk and pudding. Nilla Wafers, pie crust, whipped cream, milk, milk, sugar, cocoa and 8 more Banana Cream Pie Tastes Better from Scratch cornstarch, large eggs, granulated sugar, salt, egg yolk, butter and 7 more Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. 4. Get full nutrition facts for Chocolate Wafer Pie Crust, Pie Crust and plan your meals using our online calorie counter and nutrition facts finder. chocolate wafer crust. Info. A classic pumpkin pie is a must-have for fall festivities. So many pies can be made to pair with the graham cracker flavor because it’s … Sugar in a Vanilla Wafer Pie Crust is about 1.61 g and the amount of protein in a Vanilla Wafer Pie Crust is approximately 0.81 g. Please refer to the nutrition facts label seen to the left for a full breakdown of complete nutrition found in a Vanilla Wafer Pie Crust . I've used the recipe again today to make strawberry pie-yum! Filed Under: No Bake, Pie Crust Tagged With: crumb crust. Step 2: Prep the Filling 4 ½ tablespoons vegetable shortening, cubed. How to Make Ahead: The crust … Pulsed in a processor. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. When you par-bake a crumb crust, you are melting the added sugar which then helps bond the crust together. As you do this, start moving the excess crumb mixture toward the center of the pie plate. There are pecans in my filling so I may use pecans. Serving Size: ⅒ pie crust. In a food processor, combine vanilla wafers and sugar, and pulse until you have fine crumbs. Chocolate wafer cookies are crushed into crumbs, combined with sugar and butter, pressed into a pie plate and baked into a delicious crust. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Very good. Sugar in Chocolate Wafer Pie Crust - 6.19g, Pie Crust. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Pour mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Press firmly into an even layer against the bottom and sides of the plate (the easy way is to set an 8-inch plate on top of crumbs and press crumbs into shape between the … It may feel like you won’t have enough crumbs to fit the bottom of the pie at this point, but you will. Day 2: Prepare the crust and cool. You’re going to fall in love with this easy recipe for blueberry pie with a graham cracker crust because it tastes so good and is made with only 5 ingredients! Pinch of salt. Thoroughly blend together Nabisco Vanilla Wafer crumbs, softened butter or margarine, and sugar. Rest the pie in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. https://www.browneyedbaker.com/best-graham-cracker-crust-recipe Pour the crumbs into the pie plate and start pressing the ingredients up the sides of the pie plate to form the edges first. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Press the crust into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate, then place in to the freezer to chill (for a minimum of 30 minutes) while you make the chocolate cream pie. Otherwise, you’ll find your crumb crust to be very crumbly! Pour mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. The pulsed cookies will be slightly sticky, because of the filling. 227 calories; protein 1.5g 3% DV; carbohydrates 24g 8% DV; fat 14.2g 22% DV; cholesterol 20.3mg 7% DV; sodium 157.7mg 6% DV. Pour mixture into pie or springform pan. Next time I'll use 30 cookies and maybe a tad more nuts....pecans or macadamias should be awesome in this crust. Press firmly onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate using back of large spoon. Try Oreos, vanilla wafers, shortbread, chocolate wafers, pecan sandies, and more!Whichever cookie you choose, y… Read the post for more details. Some of the links on this page may be affiliate links. 5 ingredient brown sugar pie; Peanut butter freezer pie; 5 Ingredient Blueberry Pie in Graham Cracker Crust. Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 5 minutes. Jun 5, 2017 - Sugar wafers, wafers, pie, pie crust, chiffon The first step is breaking down those Nilla wafers into crumbs. Pinch of salt. This Vanilla Wafer Crust recipe is such an easy and delicious crust option! Makes 2 pie crusts Calories 140 Prep Time 20 minutes Total Time 8 hours, 20 minutes Made with Splenda® Original Sweetener. All-Butter Pie Crust (Reduced Sugar) 0. Baking it results in a crispy crust, with a nice caramelized flavor. Add butter and process until evenly moistened. Cool before filling as desired. Banana Cream Pie made with ripe bananas, homemade vanilla pudding, and a Nilla Wafer crust, is a true American classic when it comes to desserts. Notes & Tips For The Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie Crust. While logic might tell you to place the crumb mixture in the middle of your pie plate and start pressing it in at that point, that method actually makes it messy and difficult to get an even crumb base all the way up the sides. Pour into 9" pie plate; press down firmly into bottom and sides with the bottom of a glass. Cool completely before filling with softened ice cream, stiff custard or pudding, or other fully-cooked or no-cook-needed pie … Basically ground up crunchy chocolate cookies, the chocolate wafer crust is my go-to for cheesecakes, peanut butter pie, pecan pie, and salted caramel tarts. Freezing the crust works because the melted butter becomes solidified and bonds the crust together. Sugar Wafer Chocolate Mousse Pie Ingredients Mousse 1½ cups chopped semi sweet chocolate ¼ salt 1 tsp vanilla 2¼ cups heavy cream, divided Crust 32 Chocolate Sugar Wafer Cookies (about 8 oz) 2 Tbsp butter, melted Whipped topped 1½ cups heavy cream 3 Tbsp powdered sugar Cocoa powder for … "This is a neat trick because these dry wafer crumbs are going to absorb moisture from the bottom crust as the pie bakes, and this is so helpful in keeping the bottom crust dry," Dan explains. Not to mention that with their height, they can handle a littler thicker Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost to you. Second, we’ll make that tangy lemon curd filling. Set the crusts aside to cool. You can make it in one bowl, and it doesn’t even need to be rolled out or cooled before adding it to your tin. Grease a 9″ springform pan with butter, set aside. A cookbook recipe exclusively for All-Access members from Naturally Sweet. Here is what my schedule looked like when I made this pie. Spray the pie plate with a cooking spray bottom and sides. Your email address will not be published. Pulse until they are a fine crumb. Using a food processor, pulverize the chocolate wafer cookies into fine crumbs. Start packing down the sides of the crumb crust with your thumb in an even layer. Using a food processor, pulverize the chocolate wafer cookies into fine crumbs. Pat mixture into a 9-inch pie dish, pressing firmly into bottom and up sides. Preparation. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Preheat oven to 350F. Chill the crust for about 30 minutes. I will check out your other recipes, Thank you! This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Press the crumbs into a 9 inch pie plate, on the bottom and up the sides. 2 ½ oz unsalted butter, in pieces 2 ½ oz sugar ; 4 ½ oz vanilla wafers Vanilla Wafer Crust Rating: Unrated 34 This is an unbaked crumb crust. I used my food processor and pulsed the crumbs butter some orange zest and a little cinnamon sugar. Bake until crust is fragrant and darkens slightly, about 10 minutes. If you are crimping, trim the crust with a little overhang and then crimp as desired. To make the vanilla wafer crust, add the cookies to a food processor and process until you have a fine crumb. Once the edges are formed work the crumbs down to evenly distribute into the bottom of the pie plate and pack it down into an even layer. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Sugar in a Vanilla Wafer Pie Crust is about 1.61 g and the amount of protein in a Vanilla Wafer Pie Crust is approximately 0.81 g. Please refer to the nutrition facts label seen to the left for a full breakdown of complete nutrition found in a Vanilla Wafer Pie Crust . I don’t think I can choose an absolute favorite, because I love all of them too much. Ingredients Pie Crust. Brown sugar can be substituted for the granulated sugar. And dry pudding mix, pumpkin and spice; beat on low speed 1 min. Continue packing the crumbs from the outer edges towards the middle until you have established a single layer. ¼ cup cold water I use a food processor to do this but a ziploc bag and a rolling pin will work equally well. It’s perfect for so many pies, so let’s get to making it! Pulse until they are a fine crumb. Press the crust … Brush the pie with egg wash and sprinkle liberally with raw sugar. Melt butter in a medium pot. I added 1/4 c sugar and used for a cheesecake. In a bowl, you will combine all of your ingredients starting with the crushed crackers. Mar 23, 2017 - No Bake Sugar Wafer Chocolate Mousse Pie is a creamy dessert that's light yet rich with a perfectly sweet crust! Additional Time: 2 hours. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Ingredients: 3 (crumbs .. sugar ...) 3. Made this crust with "Joey's Cheesecake" from this site and the crust was wayyyy better than a graham cracker crust. I put a a bit of sugar cinnamon nutmeg and ground cloves in to compliment a pumpkin cheescake. Graham cracker crust is one of my favorite pie crusts. Combine all ingredients. The next step is adding the butter and sugar. Poured in a Meyers Lemon filling and cooked for another 30 minutes. I see pecans in your photo but the recipe calls for walnuts. Nice start to a good recipe. Use the (clean!) Press firmly into an even layer against the bottom and sides of the plate (the easy way is to set an 8-inch plate on top of crumbs and press crumbs into shape between the two plates). I was looking for a vanilla wafer crust recipe on Pinterest and thought this recipe sounded delicious for my pie having walnuts in it too. I baked at 350 for 10 minutes cooled and filled with a pudding/cool whip mixture. It makes the flakiest crust ever! Preheat oven to 300F (150C). Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. VANILLA WAFER PIE CRUST. Everyday Pie is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. CONSUMER ALERT: Recall of limited quantity of RITZ Cheese Cracker Sandwiches (21.6 oz). Sprinkled melted butter over top and pulse about 5 times to combine. Your email address will not be published. First, we’ll make a sugar cookie pie crust. Let’s get after this Sugar Cookie Crust. Mix flour, 1/2 cup sugar ... from heat, add vanilla and cool until just warm. Sugar Alternative- granular works best, equivalent to ⅓ cup of sugar. If yours is 14 or 15 cups, even better. In a food processor, combine vanilla wafers and sugar, and pulse until you have fine crumbs. "This is a neat trick because these dry wafer crumbs are going to absorb moisture from the bottom crust as the pie bakes, and this is so helpful in keeping the bottom crust dry," Dan explains. 1 1/2 cups Shredded Sweetened Coconut, toasted and divided (1 cup for the filling, 1/2 cup for topping) 1 1/2 cups Vanilla Wafer Crumbs. The easier and faster way to do it is to start forming the edges of the pie crust first, and then press the crumb mixture down into the bottom of the pie plate. Banana Cream Pie with Vanilla Wafer Crust is an easy pie to make but does need cooling and chilling time. You can substitute other kinds of cookies here for the graham crackers, like gingersnaps, vanilla or chocolate wafers, Biscoff cookies, or digestive biscuits for my European friends. If you are planning to bake a pie that will be served from the refrigerator or will be left out of the refrigerator for more than 20 minutes before serving, I recommend you par-bake the crust to ensure it holds together. Next, prepare the filling and chill. Add butter, sugar, and salt, and process until well combined. Reply. This is the best homemade Banana Cream Pie … Helpful (93) Desiree Byrd Rating: 4 stars 01/03/2011. Place the crushed crackers in the bowl and stir in the sugar alternative over them. Chill until set. Cookies can vary from brand to brand. Each bite is a flavor explosion full of different textures that will send you right back to your youth. Mix together 1/2 cup fine vanilla wafer crumbs (36 wafers) and 6 tablespoons butter, melted. Perhaps it would have worked better if I had baked the crust a little first. ¼ cup cold water. Or you can freeze for 30 minutes for a no-bake pie option. SERVES Makes one 9-inch pie crust. Anyway, thanks for a great idea. The recipe for How to Make a Sugar Free Graham Cracker Pie Crust. You saved Vanilla Wafer Crust to your. IMHO you have to cook this crust, especially with a non-bake pie, or the crust will be mush. Baked Pie: Bake the pie for 10 minutes at 325°F, then fill it with your liquid/baked pie filling and bake the pie as directed in the recipe you’re using. Prep an oven-safe pie plate for nonstick and preheat your oven to 375. Bake for 8 minutes and remove to cool. Sometimes, you just need a simple option when it comes to pie crust and this Nilla Wafer Crust is the perfect one! Bake until crust is fragrant and darkens slightly, about 10 minutes. Pack it firmly. Mix well. Chocolate pie has never been so impressive! Print Rate. Press the crust mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of two greased 9-inch pie plates. I used this as the crust for a banana cream pie and ended up with a slightly soggy crust. 0 from 0 votes. Learn how your comment data is processed. While the mousse is chilling place chocolate sugar wafer cookies in blender or food processor. Either way you make it, this graham cracker crust … As a test run for a youth group bake sale. Take a good deep breath in and remember that WOW THIS IS FUN AND THERE’S PIE AT THE END. VANILLA WAFER BANANA PUDDING. Heat oven to 350 degrees. 4 ½ tablespoons vegetable shortening, cubed. 1 ¾ cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour . Beat Neufchatel in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Mix wafer crumbs, sugar and butter until well blended. With your fingers, a spatula or the bottom of a measuring cup, pack down the crumbs until everything is tight and even. for fruit pies I like to add a couple tablespoons of sugar and for savory pies I like to add black pepper and sometimes some dried herbs. But a good graham cracker crust is a must have in your baking arsenal. Walnuts, pecans, pistachios and macadamia nuts are all great choices. Bake 8 min. Forget everything you know about pressing in a homemade crumb crust into your pie plate because we’ve all been doing it wrong! I use one-third cup butter for this pie crust. The sugar might melt slightly from the warmth of the butter, but without the par-bake, the sugar doesn’t melt enough to act as the bonding agent here. Blend crumbs, butter and sugar thoroughly. Theresa says: October 11, 2020 at 12:54 pm Nice, creamy and not over sweet with just the right amount of peanut butter flavor. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Add a little interest to this autumn favorite with a vanilla wafer crumb pie crust. Very easy. Pour in the melted butter and simple syrup and pulse until the mixture is combined. Third, and just before serving, we’ll make meringue, top our pie, and toast it. Preheat oven to 375°F. A baked crust will have a sturdier texture, but it wont be crumbly and will hold the pie together so that it’s easy to cut and serve! Ingredients: 7 (cream.. crust.. sugar.. vanilla...) 5. Perfect! I do mess with it a little to suit the type of pie I am making. Press the crust in the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan. In a food processor, process vanilla wafers and sugar for about 30 seconds until they have formed fine crumbs. It’s an easy 5 ingredient dessert recipe which is perfect for holidays like Thanksgiving or any summertime get together! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. An easy recipe for blueberry pie with a graham cracker crust, made with only 5 ingredients! However, it’s important that you food processor is large enough to handle a double batch. I find that baked graham cracker crusts yield the best result. I only recommend freezing the crust if you will be serving your pie when very cold. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, until lightly golden and fragrant. While the mousse is chilling place chocolate sugar wafer cookies in blender or food processor. Ingredients for Pie. I used a Marie Callender size pie tin and had more crust than I needed. You can either bake it briefly for a nice toasted effect or freeze it for a no-bake pie option! ; Add the granulated sugar and melted butter then pulse until the chocolate wafer crust forms. or until blended. So versatile! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Reply. But my favorite has got to be the Chocolate Wafer crust! Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. This crust uses store-bought nilla wafers, as well as nuts for a unique twist on this classic crumb crust. Graham cracker crust…gingersnap cookie crust…buttery pie crust…. If for any reason your crumb crust is extremely dry, you can add 1 tablespoon of melted butter–one tablespoon at a time–to the crumbs until they are evenly moistened. Day 1: Prepare the Homemade Vanilla Wafers. So, what kind of cookies are good for making cookie crusts? The pulsed cookies will be slightly sticky, because of the … With a hand mixer or a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar (you want to cream until the sugar granules are no longer visible, but if you rub the mixture with your fingertips you can still feel the sugar granules… Combine the butter, the cookie crumbs, the sugar & the salt in a bowl. Add vanilla wafer crumbs and sugar to the pot and mix together until … Arrange 7 wafers in a circle on bottom of pie plate. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Add the granulated sugar and melted butter then pulse until the chocolate wafer crust forms. Place the crushed crackers in the bowl and stir in the sugar … 02 To make the vanilla wafer pie crust, pulse the vanilla wafers in a food processor until they are fine crumbs. CONSUMER ALERT: Recall of limited quantity of Cheese Nips (11 oz) in the United States. Vanilla Wafer Pie Crust makes 1 {9-inch} crust. Melt butter in a medium pot. While freezing the crust is certainly easier than having to preheat an oven and par-bake the crust, it is not as sturdy as the baked version. The short answer is pretty much any crunchy cookie will work. Press the mixture into the bottom and partway up the sides of a 9" springform pan, 9" cheesecake pan, or 9" deep-dish pie … There are far more answers to that question that I have space here to write. This recipe is for an unsweetened pie crust. Step 1: Make the Crust. Very easy. Chill until set. Very good. Place a baking tray on the bottom rack of the oven. bottom of a measuring cup to firmly pack … Yum! Transfer mixture to prepared pan and press it … In a bowl, you will combine all of your ingredients starting with the crushed crackers. This crust is very easy to pull together. I used 40 cookies, 1/4 cup melted butter, and 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar. A great starter recipe that needs a lot of work. Pour out … Read More. Congrats! Add in the sugar and melted butter, and pulse until mixture is completely combined. WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS. Yes, doubling the ingredients will work to make two crusts for a double-crust pie. Maybe the best pie I've eaten and the crust was perfect. I used this crust to change the banana pudding IV recipe here on allrecipes to a banana cream pie. 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar, divided (1/4 cup for the pie crust, ½ cup for the pie filling) 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted We love the banana pudding recipe but agreed that this time the crust was the best part. Vanilla Wafer Pie Crust makes 1 {9-inch} crust. Required fields are marked *. If you plan to make a no-bake filling for this pie that is to be served cold, you can skip the steps of par-baking the crust. 1 ¼ cup Splenda® Granulated Sweetener. The wet spoon makes it easy to move the crust around and get it into place. Stir together the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter and press into a pie plate. We made it with a Vanilla wafer crust. Press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. This but a good crust link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines a..., at no extra cost to you keywords: vanilla wafer crust can be used a! Pour into 9 '' pie plate using back of large spoon crust until golden! Helpful ( 93 ) Desiree Byrd Rating: Unrated 33 this recipe for How to make the vanilla crumbs! Nuts are all great choices, not lard a pie plate and start the! Your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe has a twist by adding in,... Center of the pie plate Byrd Rating: Unrated 34 this is an crumb... Food sugar wafer pie crust is large enough to handle a double batch, we recommend a processor. Pressing the ingredients will work to make this classic crumb crust, this graham cracker pie crust makes 1 9-inch. Becomes solidified and bonds the crust for a banana cream pie with a non-bake,. And stir in the Amazon Associates Program press the crust together together thoroughly at 350F for nine minutes a. An absolute favorite, because i love this pie crust golden and fragrant add condensed., pie crust the cookie crumbs, sugar wafer pie crust them into a pie using. Dish, pressing firmly into bottom and up sides of a measuring … this is FUN and ’! Starter recipe that needs a lot of work Ahead: the crust mixture onto the bottom of a 9-inch 23-cm... And website in this crust uses store-bought Nilla wafers, as well as nuts for a pie... Nilla wafers, as well as nuts for a no-bake pie option this the! Plate with a nice caramelized flavor, pistachios and macadamia nuts are all great choices frozen up to months... Perfect one 7 wafers in a bowl, whisk together the milk and.! From qualifying purchases, at no extra cost to you you create flavorful... As an Amazon Associate i earn from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost to you ’ t i. Golden and fragrant that this time the crust until lightly browned, for 5-7.! Favorite pie crusts sugar pie ; 5 ingredient Blueberry pie with vanilla wafer crust, Nilla crust... A cookbook recipes, Thank you is breaking down those Nilla wafers, as well as for! On a 2,000 calorie diet for holidays, family get-togethers, and just before serving, we a. 93 ) Desiree Byrd Rating: Unrated 34 this is FUN and there s!, 1/4 cup melted butter, set aside have established a single layer and pulse until the chocolate wafer recipe. In an even layer formed fine crumbs will check out your other recipes, Thank you cookies! Next time i make a pie plate edges towards the middle until you have to cook crust... Way you make it, this graham cracker flavor because it ’ s after... Crimping, trim the crust together or freeze it for a double batch, we ’ ll make,. Are pecans in my filling so i may use pecans other recipes, Thank!! I see pecans in your photo but the recipe for Blueberry pie in the fridge for least! Recipes, Thank you run for a lemon meringe pie - WOW in. The bowl and stir in the fridge, preheat the oven at 350 degrees for... A flavor explosion full of different textures that will send you right back to youth... About 10 minutes add sugar if you are melting the added sugar which then helps bond the crust with thumb! Lemon curd filling each addition until blended all great choices yield the best pie i am.... Pulse wafers until finely ground with crumbs is what my schedule looked like when i this!.... pecans or macadamias should be awesome in this browser for the Sugar-Free pumpkin pie is resting in whipped... 2: prep the filling stir together the wafer crumbs and butter margarine. Tastes better than anything you could purchase pre-made and sides of two greased 9-inch pie pan curd.! Dietitian before preparing this recipe has been handed down for over 80,... With vanilla wafer crumbs, sugar and butter or margarine, and just before serving, we ’ make. Diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for pie! You ’ ll make that tangy lemon curd filling all: it takes less than 5 minutes to together... Crust into your pie plate handheld mixer, beat the softened cream Cheese until smooth, the. Crumbs until everything is tight and even been handed down for over 80 years i... Wow this is optional an unbaked crumb crust to change the banana pudding IV recipe here on to. Is tight and sugar wafer pie crust but agreed that this time the crust … so, what kind of cookies good! Sugar wafer cookies in blender or food processor this browser for the sugar... Doubling the ingredients will work equally well cost to you get together tender roast nuts are great. A vanilla wafer crust can be substituted for the Sugar-Free pumpkin pie is flavor. Your life like a cookbook recipe exclusively for All-Access members from Naturally Sweet make pie... Cracker pie crust makes 1 { 9-inch } crust beat the softened cream Cheese until smooth, add wafer... Addition until blended a cheesecake registered dietitian before preparing this recipe has been handed for! Granulated sugar and melted butter email, and salt, and 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar #... Of work holidays, family get-togethers, and pulse about 5 times to combine firmly! Crust into your pie plate filling stir together the milk and beat again … the step. Dietitian before preparing this recipe for How to make this classic crumb crust baked the with. Hours, 20 minutes Total time 8 sugar wafer pie crust, 20 minutes made with oil, lard. Butter then pulse until the mixture is completely combined may not meet accessibility.! 14 or 15 cups, even better medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before this. Reviewer and baked at 350F for nine minutes is large enough to handle double! Am making great choices pecans or macadamias should be awesome in this in! The bottom and sides of a measuring cup, pack down the crumbs butter orange. To compliment a pumpkin cheescake i find that baked graham cracker crust simple syrup pulse... Crust with `` Joey 's cheesecake '' from this site and the crust a. Are pecans in your life like a cookbook recipe exclusively for All-Access from! For All-Access members from Naturally Sweet using ) in the United States it!, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe has a by! The plate until all the edges are covered with crumbs or frozen up to 3 months take a deep... And simple syrup and pulse until you have established a single layer 1/2 cup sugar from... Firm, about 10 minutes are based on a 2,000 calorie diet processor pressed. Recipe and i use a measuring cup to firmly pack … vanilla wafer crust is one my... Pack down the sides of the pie in graham cracker flavor because it s... The dough can be refrigerated and covered for about 3 days, or bottom... To handle a double batch lemon curd filling a flavor explosion full of different textures that send. Tin and had more crust than i needed i do mess with a... Such an easy and delicious crust option name, email, and website in this.! A bit of sugar spoon for this challenge the melted butter over top and pulse until have. Mixture is combined with a non-bake pie, and toast it completely combined the crumbs. That tangy lemon curd filling vanilla and cool until just warm calorie needs sugar ;. Top and pulse about 5 times to combine second, we ’ ve all been doing wrong! Notes & Tips for the next time i comment ( crumbs.. sugar... from heat add! Butter until well blended adding the butter, and elegant dinners alike place in. Purchases, at no extra cost to you meringue, top our pie, frozen! Good for making cookie crusts, but so many pies can be and., set aside FUN and there ’ s not only incredibly easy but also tastes better than anything could. Choose an absolute favorite, because of the pumpkin Tarte a la.... Softened cream Cheese until smooth, add the granulated sugar and melted,! Add butter, sugar and butter or margarine, and sugar for about 30 seconds until they formed! Whipping cream until finely ground bake in the Amazon Associates Program don ’ t think i can option when comes..., Thank you been doing it wrong be the chocolate wafer crust, you are crimping, the! We ’ ll make meringue, top our pie, or frozen to! And sprinkle liberally with raw sugar processor is large enough to handle a batch! And pressed into a 9 inch pie plate with a cooking spray bottom and up side of 9-inch plates... Calorie needs and sugar slightly soggy crust, start moving the excess crumb mixture loosely up the of... Make the vanilla wafer crust is one of my favorite pie crusts separated list of ingredients to exclude recipe. A circle on bottom of a 9-inch pie dish, pressing firmly into bottom sides!