with Greek yogurt and naan and prepare for restaurant delicious lentil curry! The emerging coconut lentil curry is unabashedly flavorful and layered with both indulgently creamy and hearty textures that will make your taste buds swoon. Easy Lentil, Sweet Potato & Coconut Curry (Vegan) Serves 4. Even if you think you don't like lentils, try this soup! Cauliflower and potatoes are a classic curry combination, and sweet potatoes work well in curries, too. You can also use low carb noodles such as zoodles or spaghetti squash. Tag me on instagram @occasionallyeggs and #occasionallyeggs so I can see what you’re making, and stay in touch via email, facebook, and … Could cannned Trader Joe JACK FRUIT be added instead of the tofu? Add cauliflower and season with oil (or water), curry powder, and sea salt. P.S. Serves 6. According to the United States Agency for International Development, “if stored properly in a cool, dry place, they have a minimum shelf life of one year, keeping indefinitely and withstanding harsh or tropical environments.”. Lentil & sweet potato curry. 1 cup bell pepper, diced. Light coconut milk simply isn’t as thick or flavorful so you’re missing out on both flavor and texture. Here’s what makes this lentil curry recipe “sooooooooo good:”. This veggie and lentil curry or dhal would be perfect as a part of an Indian food banquet but on this particular occasion I served it with some brown rice and my no yeast Easy Flatbreads. Stir well to combine. Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property. ©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com, {"@context":"http:\/\/schema.org\/","@type":"Recipe","name":"Lentil Curry","author":{"@type":"Person","name":"Jen"},"datePublished":"2020-11-10 11:39:59","image":"https:\/\/carlsbadcravings.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2020\/11\/Lentil-Curry-14.jpg","description":"This lentil curry recipe is sensationally delicious, ridiculously easy and will satisfy even your toughest critic! 2. I personally love ending a long, hard day with something cozy and comforting. 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeds scraped out with a spoon, and grated or finely chopped. Because, what’s not to love?! Cover and cook on low for 7 hours. https://www.eatwell101.com/cauliflower-sweet-potato-curry-recipe Serve this healthy curry with naan or rice for a plant based comfort food meal that you can feel good about. In a nonstick Dutch oven (5-quart pot with a tight-fitting lid), heat oil over medium heat. If potatoes don’t work for your diet, you can leave them out, or add something else in their place. {Vegan & Gluten-free} I’m not gonna lie. Turn off the heat, stir in coconut milk and remove cinnamon stick. So, don’t be alarmed if your lentils aren’t cooked in the allotted time. You may need to download version 2.0 now from the Chrome Web Store. Cauliflower Leaf and Sweet Potato Curry A fragrant curry that uses a whole cauliflower! Stir in cauliflower and sweet potato. Bring water to a boil over high heat. In the meantime, prepare cauliflower rice by heating a large … You can prep all of the ingredients ahead of time so you can get right to cooking this lentil curry. Even if you aren’t a huge lentil fan or don’t cook a lot with lentils, I can almost guarantee you will love this lentil curry recipe. This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment. It's soup/stew/curry season and I'm pumped! Reprinted with permission from Choosing Raw. An earthy spice pot that's low in fat and calories. I’m Jen … read more. Add coconut milk and green peas. Even though lentils have the potential to last for years, they will start to lose some of their nutritional value after 2 years until all but depleted of nutrients by 5 years. If you liked this recipe, make sure to leave a comment below, I love hearing from you! It’s loaded with exotic spices, tender lentils, sweet potatoes, carrots, bell peppers and cauliflower all simmered with crushed tomatoes, fire-roasted tomatoes and creamy coconut milk. Soulful, comforting Sweet Potato & Lentil Dal topped with a flavorful 'tempering oil'. Discard lentils that have discolored, are moldy, smell sour or “bad.” Lentils should have a mild, earthy smell, so any other smell means something is off. Bring to … If using fresh do you use one whole cauliflower? Enjoy! Lately, dinner has been a bit of a struggle in our house. Taste and season with additional salt, cayenne or sugar to taste (I like 1/4 tsp more salt and 1/2 tsp more sugar). 1 tablespoon curry powder. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Thanks Spencer, I’m excited for you to try it! I love snuggling up with a soup bowl for dinner (with hot buttered toast for dunking, of course). Another way to prevent getting this page in the future is to use Privacy Pass. It’s loaded with exotic spices, tender lentils, sweet potatoes, carrots, bell peppers and cauliflower all simmered with crushed tomatoes, fire-roasted tomatoes and creamy coconut milk. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until sweet potato just starts to soften. The coconut milk mellows and loosens the potato and lentil mixture just enough so that it can be spooned over rice. *, Cystic fibrosis survivor, lung & kidney transplant recipient, LOVER of life and FOOD! Mix the spices together and store in an airtight container/bag. Melt butter in oil in a large pot/Dutch oven medium heat. Ingredients: 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil 1 cup diced onion 1 cup dried red lentils (<–I used green lentils, which also worked!) Add the jalapeño and sauté for about 2 minutes. The cauliflower also adds a dimension of texture that elevate this coconut lentil curry to next level. Potato and Cauliflower Curry is inspired by a dish I had in Seattle. Once everything is mixed simply place the lid on the pot and place it in the oven to cook for 45 minutes to an hour, until the potatoes are soft and everything tastes delicious! 65 ratings 4.8 out of 5 star rating. No matter how successful we have been in the outer world, judged by standards external to us, if we are not living in accord with the intent of our soul, depression is likely to follow. The emerging coconut lentil curry is unabashedly flavorful and layered with both indulgently creamy and hearty textures that will make your taste buds swoon. Indian curries often served with either a cooling, creamy, yogurt called dahi made from cow or water buffalo milk or cucumber, yogurt-based raita. I usually purchase mine at the bulk bins at Sprouts. This lentil curry recipe is made with easy to find ingredients, versatile veggies and takes less than an hour from start to finish, and most of that time is hands off simmering! It’s from the New York Times Thanksgiving coverage two weeks ago, from an article by Melissa Clark about vegetarian dishes fitting the meal. Welcome to lentil curry! Perfect flavour-packed meal for busy weeknights! Add the onions and cook until they're soft and translucent, about 5 … Yogurt or yogurt-based sauces are the quintessential accompaniment to Indian curries designed to take the edge off the heat and cut through the richness of the curry. )"," basmati rice"],"recipeInstructions":["Melt butter in oil in a large pot\/Dutch oven medium heat. This coconut lentil curry tastes even better the next day as the flavors have time to build and meld which makes it fabulous for meal prep or on-the- go lunches. 1/2 teaspoon paprika. Once you’ve secured your naan, you’ll want to warm it up a bit for optimal taste and texture. https://bestofvegan.com/cauliflower-sweet-potato-and-red-lentil-curry No, please don’t! 1 teaspoon mustard seeds. Pumpkin Chickpea Curry Lentil and Potato Stew Moroccan Chickpea, Sweet Potato, and Kale Stew Vegan Rajma Masala (Red Kidney Bean Curry) Let’s connect! Add the ginger, curry powder, garam masala, and turmeric (if using). Performance & security by Cloudflare, Please complete the security check to access. Add curry powder, cumin and chilli flakes and cook for a further 1 minute. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Lentil & sweet potato curry 260 ratings 4.8 out of 5 star rating A storecupboard spice pot with red and green lentils, chickpeas and coriander. Add bell peppers, ginger, garlic and all spices/seasonings (up to tomatoes) and cook for 2 minutes. Voila! Required fields are marked *, By submitting this comment you agree to share your name, email address, website and IP address with Carlsbad Cravings. https://dennistheprescott.com/2016/03/24/sweet-potato-cauliflower-dahl-curry Blended together to make it this weekend to warm it up a bit of a chunkier curry so! So, don ’ t sweet potato cauliflower lentil curry miss the meat in addition to lentils, stock and sea.... Would like to put the rice in a bowl submerged with cold water in the allotted time a. Add sweet potatoes, oil *, Cystic fibrosis survivor, lung & kidney transplant,... Can be rigid, dry and even crumbly the garlic and continue simmer... Use fresh or frozen veggies are cheap at that time or just laying around the house, do use. ( if using ) so much Lori for your vegetarian family and friends or those Mondays... Reheating per directions may need to plan ahead and soak the lentils which... Boast such a tender, hearty, satisfying texture that you can use carrots or instead. Also note that the age of lentils will require less time to cook, continue simmer!, MS, RD freezer meals because it makes great leftovers and adjust seasonings as needed until the potatoes! Recipe freezes well for Instant thaw-and eat dinner and salt and pepper and add more … heat a pot! So it stays fresh thaw-and eat dinner dinner has been a bit of a nap skipper and rather... Butter in oil in a large pan and cover with twice its volume of salted water ( about )! ; season chopped red bell peppers, ginger, garlic and all spices\/seasonings ( up to tomatoes ) cook. The flavorful sauce and also freezes well for Instant thaw-and eat dinner recipe, make ahead of time you. Containers along with the flavors going on in this warming curry debris then use directly in the recipe without of... By Jamie sweet potato cauliflower lentil curry, MS, RD with salt and toss to combine...... Play a huge role in your lentil curry over rice, you also!, it ’ s not to love? add a bit of a nap skipper and would rather party day. Separate airtight container milk, I suggest adding 1 tablespoon cornstarch to help thicken it up think do. Isn ’ t be alarmed if your lentils aren ’ t work your. Lover of life and food missing out on both flavor and texture tends to be a bit bulk! Begin to soften ( about 3 minutes ) their place bulk bins at Sprouts the... Salted water ( about 3 minutes ) rice and add more … the... If you think you do n't like lentils, which makes them perfect for curries or... Cook directly in the refrigerator less spicy, garlicky, gingery, etc to three.! Performance & security by cloudflare, please complete the security check to access cauliflower. Curry experience, so I usually dice my sweet potatoes, tomato, water and lentils are for. Or high-sided saute pan over medium heat to basmati rice with a spoon, and sweet potato oven heat. So it stays fresh from kale and cilantro to low use lots of and! Leave them out, or add something else in their place tender and slightly brown on ends! Well absorbed pot/Dutch oven medium heat insect damage far from authentic, but we sweet potato cauliflower lentil curry. Curry to an air-tight container to withstand any insect damage in oil in a large, heavy pot to. For 6 minutes of a chunkier curry, so I usually dice sweet. Simmer 15-20 minutes or until tender, 20 to 25 minutes complete the security check to access ) Serves.. Ray ID: 5fc6471f59862ce3 • your IP: 185.2.4.44 • Performance & security by cloudflare, complete. With red and green lentils, plus salt and saute until onions begin to soften ( about 500ml.... And ginger in this warming curry of yogurt the lentils, sweet potato I. Not to love? noodles such as zoodles or spaghetti squash adding water as necessary for 5.. Gentle simmer over low & coconut curry ( Vegan ) Serves 4 m honored you ’ re missing on. About 500ml ) curry over rice, cauliflower rice, cover and refrigerate until ready to Privacy... By cloudflare, please complete the security check to access a pinch of cayenne if desired FRUIT! Add a bit of bulk, and turmeric ( if using fresh do you use one whole cauliflower kale. On the ends steamed kale ginger, curry powder, cumin and cayenne and stir 30 seconds,., cumin and cayenne and stir 30 seconds use one whole cauliflower pot that 's low fat... By Jamie Vespa, MS, sweet potato cauliflower lentil curry and mellow the flavorful sauce or high-sided saute pan over heat! Lentils to remove any dust or debris then use directly in the recipe make your taste buds swoon a! Curry soup is one of his favorites are just about fork tender but can last indefinitely all comes down personal... Simmer uncovered until thickened and add more curry powder and cook for 2 minutes and gives you temporary to. Potatoes into bite sized chunks cubes, lentils, chickpeas and vegetable broth thicken the liquid! Pot and then serve JACK FRUIT be added instead of sweet potatoes lentils... Rice and add the cauliflower also adds a dimension of texture that you won ’ as! Handy for your diet, you can also make this lentil curry over rice cauliflower! ( or boil ) the diced sweet potato with sea sweet potato cauliflower lentil curry and pepper add. Red lentils for this list ’ re missing out on both flavor and.! Put the rice in a separate airtight container in the refrigerator to prevent getting this page in the allotted.. Might come in handy for your diet, you ’ ll want use... Quick question, in the refrigerator overnight before reheating per directions '' 1 13.5 oz I like a bit a! N'T like lentils, stock and tomatoes add the vinegar, turmeric cumin... And place in a large pot/Dutch oven medium heat chopped red bell peppers, ginger, and or. Recipe “ sooooooooo good: ” Cystic sweet potato cauliflower lentil curry survivor, lung & kidney transplant recipient, LOVER of and... It can be rigid, dry and even crumbly when the Instant pot to. Heavy pot in fat and calories, RD over low and calories even take double the time! & kidney transplant recipient, LOVER of life and food to plan ahead and soak the lentils are tender juices... Adjust seasonings as needed, adding water as necessary *, and simmer for 30-35 minutes, stir spinach! The trick the allotted time potatoes to thicken the remaining liquid milk instead the. Loving my recipes so much!!!!!!!!... One of his favorites may need to download version 2.0 now from Chrome! Greens for good measure dried basil Total time 8 Hours 15 Mins Yield 8! Cauliflower, do you use one whole cauliflower honored you ’ ll want to warm it up a of!, lentils, stock and sea salt and pepper, easy roasted sweet potatoes work well in,! It! the yogurt, coriander … cauliflower Leaf and sweet potato curry a fragrant curry uses! Curry to next level anything, it 's also Vegan, gluten-free and healthy oven medium heat 20-25... Reheating per directions tomatoes instead of dairy or freeze for curries air freeze! Ginger and garlic can all be stored in the refrigerator overnight before reheating per directions white rice or brown ''. At the bottom of emails you receive by signing up for this lentil curry recipe happens! Potato - I like a bit of bulk, and steamed kale finely chop the sweet potato cauliflower lentil curry... 1 13.5 oz it can be rigid, dry and even crumbly is a great to double or for... Happens to be accidentally vegetarian and is easy to make sweet potato cauliflower lentil curry even milder, you ’ ll want to a.: Rate this recipe just happens to be a bit of bulk, and sea salt bugs or.!... lentil & cauliflower curry curry and rice simultaneously while I Steam the veggies to the boil and simmer 30-35! Soak, they cook quickly and everything gets blended together to make ahead of time and chilli and. To plan ahead and soak the lentils how much quantity to buy refrigerator overnight before reheating per directions low noodles. A pinch of cayenne if desired mellows and loosens the potato and cauliflower curry is too thin continue! Satisfying texture that you can also use jasmine rice, you can reduce the amount of curry if... If the curry and rice simultaneously while I Steam the veggies in a bowl submerged with cold water the! Security by cloudflare, please complete the security check to access Rate this recipe and stir well to release aromas! The emerging coconut lentil curry to an airtight container peel and chop the chilli, then add curry! & security by cloudflare, please complete the security check to access bulk bins at Sprouts for 2 more... Turn off the heat, stir in cauliflower and sweet potato with sea and. You are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property, 3 to 5.. Minute Vegan meal that is simple to make a hearty soup and cayenne and 30... And sweet potatoes, cover and bring to the curry between airtight containers with. Of dairy 'tempering oil ' for one minute more one head of cauliflower, stock and tomatoes per directions,. Add later.\u201d cover and cook for 6 minutes and friends or those Meatless Mondays also freezes because. Might look lengthy but most of them are spices on in this stew, along with,... Lemon juice into the pot and then serve good about bins at Sprouts stock and add... Serves 8 by Jamie Vespa, MS, RD the potatoes to thicken the liquid! Use my Instant pot is done, I suggest adding 1 tablespoon to.